Labella Strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by sleevey55, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Anyone on here used these?? Who makes them??Labella or someone else?

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I only use labella strings only exception are Pyramids on my Hofner what model were you interested in? Labella makes their own strings

3. miketallica315

miketallica315

La Bella strings are made by E&O Mari Inc. They are made in New York. I have only ever used their "Hard Rockin' Steels", now just simply called Stainless Steels. I am a big Jason Newsted fan, and that is what he uses among others, and I wanted to try them out. The B string is out of this world. Unfortunately, with my current gear and set up, the tapered B string that I have sworn by for so many years no longer fits my needs. Check out their website at:
    www.labellamusicstrings.com

4. gary m

gary m

Carvin's roundwound strings used to be made for them by LaBella, and may still be. The sets I've gotten from Carvin in the past say as much on the packaging. I remember the stainless rounds being crazy bright and zingy.

The flats that Carvin sells are made by GHS and are sold in clear plastic bags...interesting contrast of sorts.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. music fun

music fun

I use the Deep Talkin' Bass on my Hofner Ignition. Sounds and feels greal.

7. Duckwater

Duckwater

They're my favorite string brand by FAR, I will keep experimenting with strings forever but the Labellas are my go to until I find something even better. Perfect tension, balance, and sound for me.

8. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

Labellas have been around forever! Great strings from a great company, maybe they haven't kept up with modern marketing techniques and such, but they make a huge variety of strings for every stringed instrument under the sun, and lots of special sized and specified sets.

I use their flats, tapes, and i have a few basses that has their SS on them, but I've never tried a spanking new set.

9. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Geddy Lee 'P' Supporting Member

Just put (new) 'LB 0760M- flats' on my Fender '51 RI-Precision... just got bass- as well. I had Thomastik-Infeld on an American Standard P... The LaBellas are a heavier gauge .052-.073-.095-.110 than the TI's were- so there is more tension, but seem very similar to me... they have a nice full sound and are consistent (touch and timbre) thru all four strings.

10. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

I'm surprised you don't hear a big difference between the two, especially with that single coil PUP. The LaBellas will settle down and you will lose a lot of the overtones. They are very thumpy and authoritative, as Old School as it gets. I really like them.

11. FlemptonBass

FlemptonBass

I'm looking to try La Bella as well. Anyone know if they'll fit a 35" scale?

12. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

La Bella advertises they make strings for all scales.

13. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

If they don't have longscalers, they also make sets for string-thru that should have the extra bit of length.

14. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Just received a set of the nylon flats for 6 string in the mail. La Bella makes an amazing set of strings.

15. lunarpollen

lunarpollen

I have a set of their custom flats for my Schecter Hellcat VI, very nice-sounding and -feeling strings! I've also used their black nylon-wrapped strings (had a set on my Hondo Rickenbacker copy for like a decade), a bit thick so you might have to widen nut slots, but also very nice-sounding and comfortable to play.