Lace Sensor Jazz Pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kmay, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Kmay

Kmay

So, I have a thread on this bass on here from when I got it. It had a new neck because the dude I bought it from broke the truss rod and sold it to me that way, so I fixed it.
    So, here I go with playing the crap out if it!
    I'm just not to happy with the sound I am getting from the pickups...
    So, I am considering swapping them out. What I am curious about is:
    My bass doesn't have a pick guard like most jazzes. It does have active electronics in it. Now, as far as sound, I have a EBMM that gives me crazy good growl and rock/blues tones. I just want to have something with coherent tonal options. Going for a jazz sound. Like solo style stuff. I want thick, clean and defined. What pickup and preamp combination should I be looking at. I know there are so many...I want to stay active. Oh, and it's a 5 string bass.
    Thanks guys.

2. deeptubes

deeptubes

I have 3 basses with lace sensor pickups. Love them! Your bass is a Jazz Plus. People really seem to dig those. I'm not a J fan, but I really like the J Plus. Did you do a complete setup? If not, do that before you do anything else. Here's a link to a manual: http://support.fender.com/manuals/instruments/Fender_Guitars_and_Basses_(2003)_manual.pdf
    I read your earlier thread, and if you're still wondering, the knobs are as follows - Volume/Pan, Bass/Treb, Four Setting Rotary Knob: "Off," Passive, Active and Active with adjustable mid boost

Best of luck, brother! :bassist:

3. Kmay

Kmay

Well ****. It needs set up again. I was told since it's a new neck that I'll have to set it up a few times.

I'll keep playing with it before I make any rash decisions. Lol! Thanks for the advice on the knobs.

4. Kmay

Kmay

Hey man, thanks for the knob config. It helped a lot. I think the bridge pickup might be weak...it seems to have a much lower output than the neck? Any clue why?

5. Register to disable this ad