1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ladder Climb game at carnivals

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Transverz, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

My band just played at a theme park yesterday and after the show, we had time to tour the park. We got to the games section and they had the "Ladder Climb" game. For the uninitiated, and therefore you still have your pride left, it's a upward sloping rope ladder that you climb and have to ring a bell at the very top. The catch is that the rope ladder pivots around a pulley system so it easily turns over (turning you over).

Of course my band and friends love a good challenge and considered this one of the jedi trials.

We realized we were mere padawans. hahaha. IE, this game is frickin' hard!

Anyone ever play or beat this?! I found the secret behind the game on some website that exposes how to beat carnival games, but I bet its still hard to do execute.

Stupid carnival w/ their stupid games making us look stupid...

-T

2. eric234

eric234 Guest

i tiried it once but did a faceplant into the post at the top

3. Petary791

Petary791

I remember about 8 years ago I tried (6 years old) and I almost got to the top and got Al Caponed.

Have you ever seen how they're set up? It's like:

-<=======>-

Now that gets uber spinny.

4. DigMe

DigMe

One summer I worked games at the Boardwalk Amusement Park up in Santa Cruz. At the time I don't think we had that particular game. I worked an electronic version of the game where you hit the pad with the big mallet and see how high you can make the light go up, I worked a "Guess your age, weight or birth month" game and a couple of others.

People always thought the games were rigged in some way but they weren't as far as I could tell. I used to have fun saying things to people over the loudspeaker at mallet and weight games.

One time this lady started hanging around my game when I was working the mallet game and she finally says "I'm a carnie too." In my mind I was thinking "Too?!!" Lady worked at a traveling carnival and what does she do in her free time? Comes and hangs out at the amusement park.

Anyway...excuse me while I reminisce.

brad cook

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Always kinda figured you for a carnival kind of guy, I can hear them promoting the exhibit now, come see the Brad Cook, freakier then the guy with two heads!
    :p

7. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

hahaha, that must have been the highlight of your life, getting embraced by the "carnie" nation. And yeah hahaha, she hangs out at carnivals?! Wow, dedicated :D

Oh, and the same site I read on how to conquer that ladder game, taught me how to beat that "guess your weight or birth month" game too. Man, you carnies are pretty tricky. Tsk tsk! But I can appreciate such an ingenious scam...errr... game :p

-T

8. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Tranverz -

Hey, hook a fellow Element-al up, what's the link to that website???

:)