1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Lakland 44-51 US - EC FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rrybicki, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrybicki

rrybicki Supporting Member

Hi Everybody,

Up for sale or trade is something of a rare bird, my US made Lakland 44-51. I am the second owner. It has a single coil vintage style pickup and a standard P-width (1-5/8 inch) maple neck (graphite reinforced) with some pretty awesome birdseye. The body is one-piece swamp ash. It weighs a modest 8.3 pounds, is in really almost mint condition, and includes the original hard shell case.

The bass is resonant as all get out and is a real pleasure to play. I have had it for almost a year, which is about as long as I have any bass these days and it s just time for a change.

Here is a link to the previous sale thread, featuring the comments of the original owner.

Last sale thread

Here is a link to a video demo of a US 44-51.

Video

As a sale price, I’d like to see two thousand bucks, shipped, which is what I paid. I have certainly taken good care of it while I have owned it. The only flaw I can see is the small scuff on the top of the headstock as seen in photo “Headstock 3”

As far as a trade, I’d really like another Steinberger L or XL, but that seems unlikely as they are pretty thin on the ground. Otherwise, I’d be looking for four string fretted basses of equal value that could be categorized as more or less of the Jazz bass variety. Don’t be afraid to ask, the worst that can happen is I’d say no.

I will consider trading down with some cash on your end, but not trading up.

I have links to lots of pics below. If you have any questions or any interest, please do not hesitate to drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Russ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Links...

Body-front
    rear
    front
    Body 3Q 1
    Body - side 1
    Body - side 2
    end view - body
    Headstock 1
    body - rear
    Neck - rear
    Headstock 2
    Headstock 3
    Body 3Q 2
    Neck - front
    Case - closed
    Case - open
  2. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Ohhh man... I miss this bass! It's flippin incredible. I only couldn't get along with the slab body. Everything else was phenomenal.
  3. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

Beautimus maximus!

Free bump for a gorgeous US Lakland!
  4. rrybicki

Thanks, guys,

Actually, the pictures are kind of drab. The bass is even prettier in person. The pix were taken at my home in Cleveland and we will not see the sun again until about April.

I should probably also mention that the back of neck has a very nice light satin finish.

Cheers,

Russ
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rrybicki

Thanks everyone for your interest. This bass is sold.

Cheers,

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.