1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Lakland 5501 Dlxe Ltd. Transparent blue over quilt maple, maple board.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lomo, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

2 months old. Zero issues (all straight and symmetric) and sounds great. I was seduced by the look and love the sound but subsequently found an older used USA Lakland that weighs over a pound less and sees all the action. This one is the very 1st one pictured on the basscentral.com site:

http://www.basscentral.com/lakeland_usa/skyline_5501_5502.shtml

Just scroll down a tad. SN #110918130 9.5 lbs, 35 inch scale, 19mm spacing. Fantastic Lakie neck profile. The only thing to distinguish this from a new one is that I added a recessed Dunlop straplock receiver to the lower body edge, which affects nothing and is only visible if you flip her upside down and stare at the lower edge.

725 shipped in CONUS from NY or can be picked up in Montreal for the same price. Mildly used Body Glove gigbag for another 50. FS price firm. Paypal.

Would trade for a lighter 5501, even if it's a little esthetically beaten up, or might add cash for a lighter 5502, USA Lakie or Elrick 5 (8.5 lbs max for bass trades). Might consider partial trade for a micro head that pushes at least 300 watts into 8 Ohms (GK preferred), nice fuzz, dist, preamp or env filter pedals, 110, 112 or 210 cab.

my pics soon.
  2. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

ooh, this is tempting...what do you consider a "lighter" 55-02?
  3. lomo

my pics (check the link in the 1st post for better shots...

Attached Files:

4. lomo

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.