Lakland and Sweetwater made my weekend!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdfriday, Jan 28, 2014.

1. tdfriday

tdfriday

So I celebrated my 40th birthday this weekend, and my wife surprised me with a Lakland DJ5. The one that I've been gassing about for weeks. The only reason I didn't get it myself was because I was looking for a used one, since the new one wasn't in stock anywhere.
    My wife, called Lakland directly. They told her that they didn't have the LPB in 5 strings. When she explained what she was trying to do, Leo at Lakland told her he'd make it happen for her. She had to purchase it thru a third party vendor, so she got Jeff at Sweetwater to handle the logistics, and ordered it for her. I usually purchase from Sweetwater and they're great at communicating a sale. He made sure to keep this one a secret!
    I got to tell ya, I'm not one for surprises, but I couldn't be happier with this one! Thanks Lakland and Sweetwater for coming through for my wife.
    Tdfriday
  2. Junk420

Junk420

That's fantastic! My lovely wife has been hording away a bit of cash at a time and surprised me last week with a down payment on my new Dingwall NG2. We are lucky men!
  3. aparker82

aparker82 Supporting Member

How awesome!

I love dealing with sweetwater, Dustin over there always takes care of things for me without a hitch.

That's awesome your wife got you a great bass! Throw up some pictures!!!!
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Pics or it never happened!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Awesome! The DJ5's are really great basses, enjoy!
  7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Excellent, congrats! Leo is a great guy, as is the rest of the Lakland crew.

I concur with the others, please post pics. Also, feel free to post up in the Lakland Owners group thread, and also to come join us at laklandowners.com for more Lakland info and fun.:)
  8. JonDark

JonDark

What a cool story all around. An amazing women you have to do all that for you, and all the other folks involved.

Congrats (and Happy belated B-Day) Looking forward to the pics.
  9. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

DJ5 is my favorite "J5", with a close second going to the Elrick NJS5. Great bass....and an amazing wife! Keep 'em both.
  10. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

Further evidence that it's all downhill after 40!

Congrats and photos please!
  11. tdfriday

tdfriday

12. tdfriday

tdfriday

I must say that the lakland is a well-built instrument. I am totally impressed with the quality of the bass and the excellent playability.
  13. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Very nice!!