1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lakland Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LazyGecko, Dec 29, 2013.

1. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

I currently own a Fender P bass and I'm looking at the next bass I want to get. The Lakland 55-02 caught my attention. I figured it seemed great for other genres I've been exploring that the Fender just won't work for. My only problem is cash (it costs around $1500) and I'll have to save up for a bit. Is it worth it? Or are there more economically friendly ways I can spend my money?
  2. RHCP250

RHCP250 Supporting Member

Get a used one! Plenty in the classifieds, usually for 900-1000 dollars. I've got the 4-string version, picked it up for $850. Well worth it IMO!
  3. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Thank Ill look into it :)
  4. fenwickbacker

fenwickbacker

I picked one up here (Bob Glaub) in TB classifieds - the necks are amazing! Neopunch pup takes a little getting used to, but overall a very solid bass. My other P is a 57 Fender reissue, and the Lakland has been seeing the gig time recently.
  5. vince a

vince a

Yes, plenty of used ones available, but I'm wondering what that P bass can't do. I have a Lakland 55-60 (five string), an MIA Fender Jazz and P, and I play in three quite different genres - I've used the P in every one of them, as well as the other two basses!