1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lakland Jo 5 Pre??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sleevey55, Feb 17, 2013.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Was unsure where to post this as it pertains to most categories. I have a few Laklands with the Audere JZ3 pre in them and I love it, but what OTHER options are there out there for these basses that kick butt?? Any advice would be great!! Thanks!!
  2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    If you love the pre, look at pickups instead, this is where your sound is generated. Pre amps are generally just sonic filters and do not do a great deal to change the sound. Any good preamp will perform well.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

John East J Retro
  4. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Ok, well I have Nordstrands in alot of my Laklands......should I be asking what pickup types I would want to try then??
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Plenty. Aguilar, Bartolini, Nordstrand, John East to name a few. As for pickups......I had Nordies in the JO5 I had. But I'm a huge Bartolini fan. You should hear the set in my Fender.