Lakland Skyline 44-02 Maple/Maple neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Texan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

This is a 2002 Lakland Maple neck with a maple fretboard from my 44-02D. 1.6" at the nut 2.46" at the heel. This was signed by Stu Hamm. in interest of full disclosure, the neck has a slight twist in the area of the 8th or 9th fret on the g-string side, that only effected the G, which was present when I bought it bout a year ago. The twist is VERY slight and as a result you can only get about .011" relief as opposed to the .008" that Laklands boast. For reference, Fenders are setup with .012" relief, so it's nothing bad at all. The frets have been dressed a few times and if you have the ability to replace the frets, you can most likely get the .008" relief. They cannot be dressed/crowned again. I'm selling because Lakland sold me a new neck cheaper than a fret job would cost. There is a nick on the fretboard (pictured below) that is purely cosmetic, it's not deep at all and affects nothing. This neck is totally unloaded, no tuners, no string tree. The only thing installed is the nut. This neck has never been Plek'd. Asking $120 + shipping CONUS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

These necks are very comfortable. What other (besides Lakland) basses might it fit?
  3. Texan

These are the best necks I've ever played. If the neck pocket dimension matches you should be good...in standard inches the heel measures 2-7/16". Lakland uses 1/10" graduations.
  4. Texan

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. saaronanderson

saaronanderson Supporting Member

I'd be all over this if it would fit this Squire P body I have sitting here. Alas, it measures 2 9/16 in the pocket. Bump for a really nice piece though.
  7. Texan

Shim it with business cards on the sides...I've done it in the past...
  8. saaronanderson

saaronanderson Supporting Member

I guess I could if the holes matched up. What are those measurements?
  9. Texan

And sold...Thanks Al