1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lakland Skyline 55-01

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzbassman13, Jan 12, 2013.

1. jazzbassman13

jazzbassman13

Anyone own one of these?
    What do you think of it?
  2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Good basses. Terrific B string. I love the neck. Find a used one. Mine is NOT for sale. :D
  3. alwbass

alwbass

Great bass, got mine new 3 years ago. I did change the pups and preamp to real Bartolini's, now it's a BEAST. I also play a Modulus Q5 & for certain types of music I prefer the 55-01. If you can find a used one you can't go wrong. Nothing in it's price range can touch it.
  4. Quackhead

Quackhead

I had one for a couple of years, but I was forced to sell it when I lost my job. I still regret selling it. It had a fantastic B string. The electronics were solid and sounded good but it would have been nice to upgrade.
  5. JacobWhaler

JacobWhaler

They are really awesome.

[​IMG]
  6. jazzbassman13

jazzbassman13

Thanks for the feedback :)

I have heard they are very heavy??
  7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that. Skyline weights can be variable, so there are probably a few boat anchors out there, but it's rare to find one over 10 lbs. in my experience.