Lakland Skyline Hollowbody 30: any info out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedHotFuzz, Mar 31, 2014.

1. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

I've combed the Web and there seems to be very little info out there on this bass. Even the Lakland website itself has nothing more than the most basic of specs listed. Not even a descriptive blurb. Weird.

YouTube videos: nearly zilch. Magazine reviews: haven't seen any. In-depth owner reviews/reports: nope.

There is some positive user feedback on this forum, but not a lot of detail. Where can I learn more about this mythical beast? (I don't have any Lakland dealers anywhere near me.)

Any pointers?
  2. BobaFret

BobaFret Supporting Member

3. Hidesert

Hidesert Supporting Member

FYI...
    I have recently seriously considered this exact bass. Sweetwater will sell you one for $860 delivered with a 30 day return policy. Hard to beat that price and you wouldn't lose much if you "rented" it for a month and didn't fall in love.
    I think that they look like they'd be a great bass. If one show's up in a custom color, I would probably buy it! For now, I picked up a used Jerry Jones as an entree into the short scale realm.
  4. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Thanks. I'll probably start with a $300 Gretsch Junior Jet, but if the bass turns out to really "do it" for me, I gotta have the beginnings of a wish list in place to search for my "it" bass. :)

Gretsch Thunder Jet, something custom-made from G&L (if/when they offer a short scale), maybe that Lakland 30, Mustang...

In my long attempt at learning to play guitar, I find my consistently-favorite aspect is thumping the low strings and driving a beat. Maybe I'm a bass player at heart and didn't realize it. :bassist: