1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Lakland Skyline Hollowbody or Godin A4 Fretted?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stephen3547, Mar 8, 2014.

1. I am going to treat myself to a new bass for my birthday next month, and I've narrowed it down to either a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody or a Godin A4 fretted, but I can't decide which one would be best for me. I've chosen these two because I love hollowbodies and semi hollows

I want a bass that sounds full, bright, and clear. I would be using the bass in a post rock band with a lot of chording, tapping, and leads. I want the bass to have an exceptional clean tone and sound good through distortion, reverb, and a whammy.

2. If anyone has tried either of these basses please let me know what you think of them.

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    Our band shared stage (?) a few times with a band playing old hard rock (70s Black Sabbath etc). Their bass player uses a Lakland Hollowbody.
    If I were to describe its tone, I would say "velvet wrapped wrecking ball". It was smooth, dark, not much definition, a little bit of deep growl and a very satisfying bottom range.
    It worked surprisingly well, sitting below the three guitars.

It is not the bass you want, I'd say.

5. Thanks. I've heard mixed reviews on the tone, so I had to ask