1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lakland Skyline JO or Fender USA Standard Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sifi76, Jan 1, 2013.

1. sifi76

sifi76 Supporting Member

Hey all. Looking for a few opinions on a good jazz bass. I'm a bit of a lakland fan, and have played the USA model JO's as well as the USA 44-94/55-94's but I'm looking for a good bass and on a budget, hence opting for a skyline osborn. The other option is a Fender USA standard Jazz. I'm aware that since 2010 fender upped the build quality on these guys, and opted for better hardware etc, but given the praise lakland usually receives, I figured it would be worthwhile to gain some opinion from both camp's before throwing in my lot.

ya know, the usual story, how does the feel/sound compare, is the standard fender fret quality just as good as lakland plek'ing etc etc

Okay people in the know, help out someone who isn't :meh: