1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

LAKLAND US 44-60 Joe Osborn JO4 in Shoreline Gold - Rare VVT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lichtaffen, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen Supporting Member

Media:
    Excellent condition Lakland USA Joe Osborn 44-60 in Shoreline Gold. The finish is gorgeous on this bass. Only one small mark (see pics), otherwise excellent shape for a bass that's been gigged here and there. Very well taken care of. Always transported in a Mono M80 gig bag, so the case is almost mint. Comes with the pickup cover and all other case candy US Laklands come with. Weight is 8.8 lbs. on my super accurate digital postal scale.

This bass came from the factory with the VVT knob layout instead of the concentric pots most 44-60's come with. I really love the VVT personally. Kinda rare for a US Lakland. The pickups are the stock Hansens. The rosewood fretboard is highly figured and so is the maple on the back of the neck (see pics). The bird's eye fret markers are a beautiful touch. There is some swirling on the pickguard.

This bass really nails the vintage 60's Jazz bass tone perfectly. Plays like butter; the neck and fretwork are amazing. Almost no fret wear (I play with a light touch). I have a brand new set of DR Fatbeams (Marcus Miller) on this bass that have hardly been played. The slap sound is excellent.

I love this bass dearly, but my wife and I are expecting our first on February 14th, so we could certainly use the funds. With that said - NO TRADES. Thanks.

$2100 + shipping

Attached Files:

2. Lichtaffen

Media:
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. Lichtaffen

Media:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.