1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

LaPlata Bassology Clinic

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by lbbc, Dec 14, 2013.

1. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Anthony,

Thanks for such an inspiring clinic. My son & I enjoyed both the performance and the information you shared. The 2-1/2 hour drive each way was so worth our time with you. He's in his room right now playing bass (something I NEVER have to tell him to do). My Dave Pushic Bass is now set up with the strings you gave out and I'm getting ready to work with the pedal. Thanks again for everything!
    We will see you again.

Peace,
    Wayne

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for driving down.

Please take a picture holding the pedal and send it to me so I can get it to Aguilar. And it would be cool if you email Aguilar and DR and show your appreciation.

Hope to see you soon.

peace,
    anthony

3. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Absolutely!

Thanks again,
    Wayne

4. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

You have a DR preference Ant? Ive used 'Low Riders' 45-105 for many years now. Since I found DR strings my fingers dont touch! anything else. I was wondering the other day if the 'Low Riders' would still be a good choice on the Fodera M4S.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I like using nickel strings for a lot of reasons. And I like the thinner gauges. I'll use with 40-60-80-100 120 or 40-55-75-95-120.

-aw

7. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

I have to email Aguilar to have more NYC workshops

8. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Ooh that is thin. I'll have to try em out. Hi Beams and Low Riders are all ive used. The Hi's were too bright for the Warwick but Im excited to try some newbies on this Fodera in March.