1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Larry "The Mole" Taylor: Canned Heat

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by shrimpflea, Dec 25, 2013.

1. shrimpflea

shrimpflea

2. Mechanical

Mechanical

The very definition of bass face.
  3. P Town

P Town Guest

Just goes to show that a spirited performance, where you demonstrate to the audience that you are having a good time on stage, and are thoroughly engaged can make for a great show without having to be a virtuoso at the highest level on your instrument. Not too many people have played in front of an audience of that size. I had a big grin on my face watching this, and really enjoyed it.
  4. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    Yeahhh, Larry Taylor squeezin' everything out of that jam.:bassist:

I learned a lot of blues from a John Mayall album Jazz Blues Fusion and he was part of that band after Canned Heat. Last I heard him was with Tom Waits. He is very real.
  5. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

One of my early favorites!!! I stole a lot from him.
  6. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

+1:D
  7. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

Definitely a great band and a fun, spirited performance. Some impressive feats of sideburn engineering too...