Last nights gig...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by map34157, Nov 4, 2012.

1. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

So last night my band played a private party. A few days ago my GF's best friend called to tell her that her sons friend, who's deployed in afghanistan (and considers him her own son) was injured. He was with his unit patrolling when his tank ran over a land mine. He was severely injured in the blast (lost a leg). He was flown to Texas and may possibly lose his other leg. Oh BTW, he has recently become the father of twin girls.

This incident has deeply affected me. I've been a police officer for the last 15 years and have had friends and coworkers killed in the line of duty. Anyways, I found an old American flag in my garage and decided to drape it over my rig as a tribute this young solders commitment and dedication to our country. Regardless of your political affiliation, we are all Americans. This young man lost his legs fighting for our country. My small dedication to this young man garnered heaps of praise from the crowd we played for. I felt proud to honor this young man for all he has done for our country. I've decided that I will continue to drape our flag over my rig as a tribute to him and all the other men and women who serve our country. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard

Well stated. I have very strong political views but when it all hits the fan we are in this thing together.

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Right on brother. Imagine if we ALL had this attitude...what a different world it would be.

4. CauliColin

CauliColin

Not American, but respectful, both of the guy and you, for caring. That's a good thing you did.
    Nice one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oniman7

oniman7

I tend to strongly disagree with the way veterans are treated. I am not too fond of the military myself or its lifestyle and would never join. This makes me respect those who do all the more.

7. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member