1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Last Night's Haul (CL Related)...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Zooberwerx, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Picked this trio up last night on the way to a gig....and, no, I really didn't need any of it but I can't resist what I consider to be a bargain:

*Brand new Sansamp RPM

*Brand new Crown Drivecore XLS1500

*Hartke Hydrive 4 X 10...kinda torn up in the cosmetics dept. but 100% functionally. A previous owner routed 4 channels on the top-side to accommodate the rubber footies of an amp, rack box, etc. These were then covered over by two self-adhesive segments of vinyl floor tiles. Will require a tolex-peel and Duratex in the future but not now.

[​IMG]
    HartkeHydrive by Zooberwerx, on Flickr

$500 for the lot. Not bad, eh?

Riis
  2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Sweet deal! How'd it sound?
  3. Zooberwerx

Pretty respectable, IMO. The low end sounds slightly compressed but I can't attribute that to any one component but I'm suspicious the RPM has something to do with it. I will say the power amp matches up nicely with the cab.

Riis
  4. ack

ack Supporting Member

Nice score. I would have done the same if I had $500 in my pocket.

Since you're in Va Beach, here's a link to a guy in Burgaw, NC who carries surplus Tolex and Grillcloth. His CL ad says that he'll ship.
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msd/3255893843.html
  5. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Score! I never mod my gear when I'm drinking! Now where did I put that router?:)
  6. Zooberwerx

Nah, not worth the effort. I may just snag a couple cans of bed truck spray-liner and be done with it. A repair should not cost more than the item in question.

I will say this: the cab is constructed of some pretty decent plywood...I'm able to view a clear cross-section.

Riis
  7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

My brother, I do believe you have altogether too much gear!!! :D

There again, so do I! :)
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Good score bigtime! BTW, I agree it's like the Sansamp. Seems to be a thing with them.
  9. Zooberwerx

What I really needed was the power amp and the 1500 matches one I just bought here on TB. They run ~$425 or so new so I figure the balance is gravy. RPM's go for $200 used; I don't have a clue about the Hartke enclosure but it must have some dollar value.

Sold off all my lead sleds and needed 3 replacements...I ended up with 5.

Riis