1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Late '50's / Early '60's Vintage Bass Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by swpyne, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

This is an interesting piece that I acquired with a recent purchase. According to it's previous owner, his vintage 1966 Fender Bass V came in this case. I can't verify that but I will say that in all my years of playing I've never seen a case quite like this one and there is no doubt that it's vintage itself!

I doubt that it was a "Fender" case but it's certainly very old and it's also quite well made. The four heavy duty latches still work perfectly as do the hinges and handle. Obviously this case has been well used but it also has a very cool "antique" quality about it.

I really have no use for it myself but I thought that one of my TB brothers or sisters might have an old vintage bass that would be very comfortable in this case. It's as much of a "museum piece" as it is anything but it's still fully functional.

No weird smells or stains either!

So I'm offering it up for trade. What I could use would be a good quality gig bag or possibly some microphones, cables or stands. I'd also trade it for a newer hard shell case, either molded or vintage style. I'm open to any offers so hit me up!

Shoot me a PM if this piece of bass history is of interest to you and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Photos can be see at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4jtbmezoa9ef69s/aRg8sy5gNm

Thanks for looking!

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Looks like a nice case.

3. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

4. swpyne

Open to any and all trades! Keep in mind it will likely cost me $20.00 or so to ship it in the CONUS. So a trade would need to make $ense.....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. unclebass

unclebass

What is the interior length of this case? I have a jazz bass that is 47" from bottom strap button to tip of headstock. If this would fit in this case, we might be able to make a deal.

7. swpyne

Inside length is 47.5" so it seems to me that it would work for you. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.....

8. unclebass

unclebass

9. swpyne

I'd still love to trade this for a gig bag!

10. MoBe

MoBe

When I click the dropbox link it says "nothing here".

???????

11. swpyne

It's back now!

12. swpyne

The bass this came with is now gone and I'd like the case to be gone as well. Somebody please take this piece of bass history off my hands.....

13. Brian Jeffries

Brian Jeffries

hey i might be interested in your case if you still got it. got an ovation magnum bass here, and do to the shape of the body it won't fit in a standard case that all seem to be molded to fit a jazz or a p bass shape, that open body area looks like it might be just what i need. so, you still got it? and what would it cost me to get it from you?

14. swpyne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.