1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Latest G&L Arrivals

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Dec 3, 2013.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here are a couple of special order G&L's that arrived today... both of which promptly departed. These were both special orders, so they were sold before they even got here. :hyper:

The LB-100 is a neat wrinkle, that's a "new for 2013" model that I had never seen before today. Very cool, it's basically G&L's take on a P-bass.

G&L LB-100 (Butterscotch Blonde)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G&L L-2000 (Natural, Ebony)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    LB-100 update = I LOVE this bass. The passive tone circuit is perfect for my tastes. A little goes a LITTLE way, so you've got lots of rotation before all the highs are gone. I wish I had time to peek in the control cavity, but this bass needs to get shipped. Bummer. I'll be picking G&L's brain soon for details, I suspect.
  3. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I had to do it. I've got an LB-100 on order for my store stock now. 3 Tone Sunburst, RW board, tort guard, vintage tint satin neck finish. Should be here in 2-3 months.

:hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper:
  4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I didn't know that white pickup covers were available for the MFD's.
  5. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    G&L initially balked at doing them... until my customer pointed out that the pickups in white covers were available in G&L's online store. LOL - that got them to concede and allow it. Victory!! :D
  6. LightGroove

LightGroove

Damn..are those prices for a USA made bass?

Sooooooooooo wish they offered 35" scale
  7. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeppers, those are USA made. I stopped stocking the Tribute stuff several years ago when it got to be not such an obviously good deal. I'll still special order Tributes, I just don't hang a bunch on the wall like I used to do.
  8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

What does the LB-100 look like without the pickguard? Is the body all routed out like a P bass?
  9. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I would assume so... certainly where the pots are, anyway. I didn't pop the pickguard, though, so I can't say for certain.
  10. Yango

Yango

Of course G&L puts out basses with white pickup covers. This one was not a custom order, the guy that bought it new just walked into a store and bought it off the rack.

Yeah, the LB-100 is a beautiful thing. I searched for, and tried out a lot of "Fender P's", for about a year and a half before I came across this 1999 G&L. I snapped it up immediately. The tone, and build quality are just fantastic. This is a P as a P should be!

The only difference that I can see between mine and the new ones is the six bolt neck attachment. Mine has the three bolt micro tilt adjustment setup.

And the best part is that I got this one for a ridiculous price.

Attached Files:

11. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here's the latest arrival from G&L. This gorgeous JB model in Ruby Red Metallic was a special order for Jason in Ohio. Thanks, Jason!!

G&L JB (Ruby Red Metallic) **SOLD**
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]