1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Latest Mystery Shopper Fast Food Restaurant Survey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Latest Mystery Shopper Fast Food Restaurant Survey

http://www.restaurantbusinessonline...as/articles/mystery-shopping-secrets?page=0,0

Overall performance

Few will be surprised to see Chipotle atop the list. The dark horse is 50-year-old Arby’s which ranks top three in almost all categories, following a year of menu shake-ups aimed at energizing core customers.

Arby’s 89.5
    Chipotle Mexican Grill 89.5
    Wendy’s 86.2
    Taco Bell 85.4
    Panera Bread 84.1
    Starbucks 84.1

Exterior appearance

Shoppers praised the category leaders for appealing, well-kept and new-looking exteriors and dinged operations with small, confusing or dimly lit parking lots and hard-to-find signage.

Tim Hortons 96.8
    Starbucks 96.3
    Arby's 95.4
    Jack in the Box 95.1
    Chipotle Mexican Grill 94.4

Interior cleanliness

A clean operation went a long way with mystery diners, while a dirty restroom was enough to mar the whole experience. Some diners called for better lighting and music to help with ambiance.

Arby's 94.9
    Chipotle Mexican Grill 92.7
    Tim Hortons 91.0
    Quiznos 90.9
    Wendy's 90.7

Speed of service

Inefficiency was a sticking point. Many shoppers noted that servers manning both the counter and drive-thru seemed to slow down service at several stores. Shoppers also said they didn’t mind a few minutes of prep time because it meant their food was fresh.

Wendy's 86.9
    Taco Bell 86.0
    KFC 84.8
    Arby's 84.0
    Chipotle Mexican Grill 83.9

Customer service

Many shoppers singled out individual servers who seemed genuinely enthusiastic and happy to have their business and who checked up on them as they were dining in. However, scores show that there’s room for improvement across the board in the area of upselling.

Chipotle Mexican Grill 90.5
    Arby's 89.7
    Wendy's 89.7
    Jack in the Box 89.7
    Panera Bread 87.9

Most professional employees

All of the chains in our study received high marks for well-dressed and professional employees. Shoppers gave Chipotle Mexican Grill employees a perfect score for being professionally dressed, followed closely by Jack in the Box (99.0) and Taco Bell (99.0). Taco Bell and Starbucks employees received perfect 100s for behaving professionally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

In one episode, Lisa Simpson said "I'm so hungry, I could eat Arby's".

3. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

pretty consistent with my experiences. taco bell and wendy's in my area def have their stuff together. really surprised to see kfc up there in speed of service. i have never been to a kfc with speedy service. never ever anywhere.

4. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Where is the food quality category? I would think that'd completely bump Taco Bell off the list no matter how nice their facility and service was.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict

+1000

The mere presence of T-Bell on the list invalidates the rest of the results in my book..:scowl:

7. Richland123

Richland123

Steak 'N' Shake is pretty good at everything. However, the chain is not national.