1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Law enforcement confessions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cheezewiz, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Most of you know I was a cop for 27 years. Since Ive now retired, I feel ready to bare my soul. I will confess my sins, here and now. Cop haters, jump on man. I deserve it.

1. I have used my lights and siren when I had to poop really bad.

2. If a girl exposed cleavage trying to get out of a ticket, I looked at her funbags, and then proceded with either the ticket or warning.

3. I got free coffee from convenience stores who were open all night, but always left a tip that was at least the amount the coffee would coast.

4. I laughed at citizens, sometimes right to their face, when they were being dumbasses.

5. When a citizen told me he/she paid my salary, I usually ignored it, but sometimes responded with, (a) "They dont take City tax out of welfare checks", b) " then give me a raise you cheap bastard".

6. When a drunk and stupid citizen said "I'll have your badge!", I responded " If you can have it, I don't want it"

I will think of more in a little bit.

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Ever been offered a blowjob to escape a ticket?

3. cheezewiz

Implied, not directly offered, which I declined, because no bj is worth my pension.

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

You must have a really GREAT pension.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Thor

Thor Thanks Andy Pyle for showing me the way. Supporting Member

I'm proud of you, I expected no less!

Now that you're retired, can't you borrow the car, turn on the lights and get the offers without impacting your check? The regular on duty guy needs a break sometime, right?

7. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Almost spat my Tim Hortons coffee out my nose on that one:D

8. cheezewiz

I filled up my buddy's cruiser vents with pepper spray. I put a rotting dead possum in a particularly stupid supervisor's trunk. I was insobordinate on numerous occasions.

9. nortonrider

nortonrider

Now that you don't work there anymore, maybe you can answer a question for me.....
    Whatever happened to "Protect and Serve"?
    Today it just seems that cops want to "bust" everyone.

10. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Yeah,
    That darn cop that parked his squad in the middle of the road to stop traffic while he attended to me laying in the middle of the road after being hit by a car on my bike and waiting for the paramedics that he called to get there just wanted to bust the drunk that ran over me.......

11. cheezewiz

Ive been out about 2 yrs. Norton. The thing you mention is the main reason I retired. A new chief came in and started to stress" numbers". There was constant pressure to make more "contacts" which I viewed as harassment if someone is just walking down the street. There was an increased focus on arrest numbers. I didnt do numbers. When someone deserved a ticket or arrested, I was all for it, but I refused to create numbers. I was a relic, and it was time to go. Having said that, almost all the guys and gals I worked with were good people. A few are misguided.

I think the main problem in law enforcement is the personality type the job can draw. The " problem" officers are 1of 2 types. The overbuff over testosteroned meatheads, and the guy who got his butt kicked all through high school and sees the job as the way to get power and play "catch up". MOST officers hate these types more than powderfinger does.

12. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

AND!!!...well you know how it goes
    [​IMG]

13. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

BJ is worth $100. Pensions are worth far more.

14. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I have had my life saved by a cop and I have had my butt kicked and head split open from a 6 cell maglite by a cop.......

Not the same one

15. nortonrider

nortonrider

I've actually heard that term "relic" a few times. A friend retired last year as Chief of a major metropolitan police force.
    He has used the reference.

Another friend if now a Lt., put in a lot of time to get there and is just riding out his days until he can leave.

There is definitely a new breed of cop on the streets today.

16. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Funny, there have been times when I had to poop real bad when I was close to a cop with the lights and siren on!

17. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

I wouldn't want to spend my days working with people having the worst moments of their lives. It must be a punishing job on those who care about others.

18. cheezewiz

Un...that was HUGE. No matter what the circumstances, almost everyone you saw was at their worst. Victim, criminal, just pissed off, or under the influence. It makes you bitter and a bit paranoid. Since I retired, I worked first in mental health, and now as an investigator for the County Board of Developmental Disabilities. I have to say, I LOVE being a "regular guy" now.

19. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

that first one was pretty funny, there were times when I wished I had a siren and lights for the same reason.

20. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Do you have any "regret" stories?

Like you wish you had let someone go if you felt sorry for them, or you wish you had NOT let so and so off because you took pity and later they did something worse?

I couldn't do what you did for a living, kudos to you and thanks for your service.

21. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.