Lays' Chicken and Waffles chips

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Feb 13, 2014.

1. stratovani

stratovani

For the past week at my checkout counter at Walmart I've had to stand there staring at Lay's new chip offerings - Chicken and Waffles, Sriracha, and Cheesy Garlic Bread. So last night I finally broke down and bought a bag of the Chicken and Waffles variety. Verdict - not bad, not bad at all! Chicken and Waffles actually works! Pretty tasty, actually, it would make a good breakfast chip! Of course this is just my opinion, you'll have to try them for yourself to see if you'll like it. ;)

http://www.chicagonow.com/going-for-gusto/2013/03/lays-chicken-waffles-potato-chips/
  2. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave

how do they do that?...

are some chips chicken and some waffles...or do they get both flavors on one chip?

i have not seen them, but i think i'm gonna have to take your word that they're good....:D

[​IMG]
  3. tplyons

tplyons

Those came out a year ago... check the code dates!!!
  4. DigMe

DigMe

"breakfast chip"?? Are you trying to invent a new food because I don't think I'm aware of any other breakfast chips?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

+1

I'm pretty sure they don't sell them at my local stores anymore.
  7. Papazita

Papazita

They ran a contest this time last year to come up with a new flavor. The winner (chicken & waffles) won their choice of either 1 million dollars or a certain percentage of the 2013 sales of their new flavor. The 2 runners-up were Sriracha & the cheesy garlic bread.
    They're running the contest again, so they brought out those 3 flavors again.

Personally, I think the chicken & waffles flavor is just nasty. The sriracha was the best of the 3.
  8. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Yep and the article date also: By Joe Grace, March 26, 2013 at 1:13 pm
  9. bassinplace

bassinplace

Siracha sounds like it would rock. The cheesy garlic makes sense. But chicken and waffles? I like it, but not as a potato chip. No sir, I don't like it.
  10. Immigrant

Immigrant

They are delicious, but unusual. They are semi-crisp yet not soggy. The inside of the bag has moisture clinging to it, almost like a syrup coating created by chip friction.

One of these days I may crunch some up and use the crumbs as coating for fried chicken. For some reason that sounds decadently wrong.

Chicken flavored this and that have been around for a long time, hence Chicken in a Bisquit crackers and crappy noodle cups. At least the crackers have real dehydrated chicken as an ingredient. I imagine chickens marching into dehydrators, feathers and all.
  11. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I wasn't a fan and neither was my wife. I think she tried the garlic bread ones too and didn't care for them either.
  12. bassinplace

bassinplace

Oh yeah, I forgot about those Chicken in a Bisquit crackers. I didn't like those at all. Don't like ramen, either. I'm sure I wouldn't like chicken potato chips. Sounds awful.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    They look intriguing, but I'm afraid to try them. I prefer the plain ones.

-Mike
  14. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

Your fear is reasonable and well founded. Those things are just foul, nasty, nauseating
  15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Chicken abd waffles was gnary. Siracha was my fav easily. Cheesy garlic bread was decent.

The canadian flavour all sucked for that contest. Casear salad. Maple moose. Grilled cheeze with ketchup. And I cannot remeber the fourth kind for the life of me.

Oh and chicken in a biskit was surprusingly good. Basically vegetable thins with ichiban chicken flavouring.
  16. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

I like em! Our local WM has had the chips for a few months.

Chicken & waffles is a curious combination for me though...I can't find anywhere to get the real thing around here! Maybe it's a West coast thing.
  17. blastoff99

blastoff99

Kettle chips maple and bacon here. Good stuff.
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]

-Mike
  19. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

Roscoe's baby.

[​IMG]

In college we used to go to the one in Oakland or the ones in Pasadena or L.A. when we road tripped. The Oakland one closed down and later reopened as the "Home of Chicken & Waffles" but I've never tried it. In fact I haven't had Chicken & Waffles in probably 12 years now.

Being in my mid 30's I can feel myself getting fatter just thinking about it.
  20. elgecko

elgecko

I've always wondered "is chicken and waffles a Southern thing?" :confused:
  21. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

That's what I thought. Sriracha is one of my favorite condiments but the chips were awful.