1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

LDS/fEARful-based 1515/66/1 semi-loaded for sale or trade in Austin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Hog Branch, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Hog Branch

Hog Branch Supporting Member

SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey fellow low enders, I'm selling my LDS (fEARful-based) semi-loaded 1515/66/1 cabinet from from here in Austin. It will come loaded with one 6.5 speaker, the horn, the crossover, Ernie Ball removable casters, and a custom naugahyde cover. At Dave Greenboy Green's request, I've velcro'd a fEARful badge over the original label.

I've been playing the cab for several months in Texas dance halls and on a few outdoor gigs, and it sounds amazing. On one pair of shows at Corpus Christi's baseball stadium, I used my head with an Ampeg 810 the first night and it sounded completely lame compared to the 1515/66/1 the next night.

This bass excels with upright bass too, my main instrument.

The cabinet was built in fall of 2010. The spec drivers for this cabinet are two Eminence 3015LF's, two 18 Sound mid drivers, and (most likely) an XD125 compression driver. You will only need to install two 15's and one 6.5 driver.

Dimensions: 16 x 24 x 48. I'll need to figure out how to weigh this thing -- it's far less than 100 lbs I'm almost certain. Feels no heavier than my Mesa Boogie 15. The shipping weight will be even less without the three drivers, too, of course.

I'm thinking that (lowered to $245) plus shipping will be my asking price. The only issue is that the two front removable casters could use a little reinforcement. I can send/post additional photos on request.

Willing to trade for a D-Tar Solstice if you cover shipping.

Reason for selling: I'm shipping the two 15s and one 6.5 to Mark Robertson of BNA Audio in Nashville to be installed in a new F215 he's building for me. :)

from the original Talkbass post... "This is a LDS 1515/66/1 cabinet. I purchased it brand new from LDS this past August. It is a variation on the fEarful Impaler design. It features two Eminence 3015LF 15" speakers, two 6.5" 18Sound 6nd410 mids, and a 1" selenium horn. The crossover points are 800 and 4.5k Hz. I believe the crossover was done by R. Paterson, and the cab is rated for 1,000 watts at 4 ohms.... I believe the cabinet is actually covered in Line X and not Duratex. I need to take some more photos. The cab has been gigged a but it was at a house gig and sat unmoved for a year and had almost no volume pumping through because we were running in-ears."
  2. lburton2

lburton2 Les Is More Supporting Member

dirt cheap bump
  3. Hog Branch

bump for a great cabinet -- negotiable
    :ninja:
  4. Hog Branch

Okay, it's time to remove the two 15's and one of the 6.5's to ship them to BNA Audio for my new cabinet. I'm dropping the asking price for the partially loaded cabinet to $245 plus freight. Thanks for looking :cool: !
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hog Branch

PRICE DROP TO $150 plus freight.

You will need two Eminence 3015LF 15" speakers and one 6.5" 18Sound 6nd410 mid, and probably will want a new set of Ernie Ball casters as these are ragged. The cabinet has one 6.5 and a 1" selenium horn. The crossover points are 800 and 4.5k Hz. I believe the crossover was done by R. Paterson, and the cab is rated for 1,000 watts at 4 ohms.
  7. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    Me. I'll take it. North Austin. Send me a message to hammer out the details.
  8. Hog Branch