1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

LDS (Low Down Sound) 8 X 8 / Eastern VA & NC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Zooberwerx, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

No problems here, just downsizing to my existing 2 x 10 cabs and maybe a 4 x 10.

This is a really nice 8 X 8 enclosure with 6 "low-throw" woofers, 2 mid-range drivers set at an angle, and tweeter w/ attenuator. Rated @ 1000 watts, 5.3 ohms. Comes with a padded Tuki-esque cover (handle cut-outs slightly off center...big deal). Fairly heavy, as one might expect, but easily transported thanks to the tip-back design and rear casters. Very good condition although I did remove one of the 3 front bumpers. Studio kept, smoke-free environment?....not on your life! I gigged this bad boy steadily and demo's minor wear but no abuse or boo-boo's. No PA reinforcement?...not a problem here. This thing is loud, clean, and projects like nobody's business without mud, boom, or any extraneous garbage.

Pics coming shortly. Photobucket, once again, has hosed things up to the point of becoming unusable. I'm working on it but I'll be glad to e-mail pics if desired. Contact me at zooberwerx@verizon.net. You might also want to check the "LDS club" thread as I have pics posted there.

Asking $650 and that's with a direct hand-off somewhere in the region. I'm located in Virginia Beach but fairly mobile...let's talk.

Riis
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

This is probably one of the clearest, loudest cabs out there! Free bump!
  3. Zooberwerx

Well, here's one photo that I found on my drive:

[​IMG]
    LDS Cab by Zooberwerx, on Flickr

Riis
  4. Lindsey Burke

Lindsey Burke Supporting Member

That is one bad cab Riis. The 8x8 config is hard to beat. I've used a Henry 8x8 and love it. Bump for a super cab and super TB'er.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Virginia Beach is not that far of a drive from the metro DC area. I'll be glad to drive a couple hours to meet someone halfway.

For the full scoop on the LDS line, check out the ever-popular "LDS Club" here on TB.

Riis
  7. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

That is a bad $$$ cab for a rediculous price! Good luck with the sale.:bassist:
  8. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Yup, wish I could pick that one up myself, Riis!

Bump for a super-awesome guy to deal with and prolly my favorite config of cabinet! Wish I still had my Henry 8x8!

dcr
  9. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Seriously, I played thru a Henry, this by far is better hands down..
  10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Oh, I have no doubt. I remember when Riis bought this one and arranged transport thru another TBer, IIRC. Just wish I knew somebody driving from VA to AR.

dcr
  11. Zooberwerx

Well, if that happens, they're usually running from the law!

The interstate "hand-off", in and of itself, should make it a keeper...and I will if no takers.

Riis
  12. Zooberwerx

The two foreward ports double as a wine rack for the more upscale events. The heavy-duty grille keeps out even the most tenacious "amp gnomes".

You know you want this.

Riis
  13. Zooberwerx

Age is taking it's toll, what can I say? This stupid thing gets heavier every weekend...or so it seems. I'll consider trade offers for pairs of 2 X 10's, 2 X 12's, and the like. Shipping on this would be outrageous but I am willing to drive some distance to make the deal. Cash +/- is not a problem on this end.

[​IMG]

Riis
  14. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

What are the dimensions? Weight?
  15. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hmmm...I've got a Dr Bass 212 and 112 I'm trying to move. Wanna trade?

dcr
  16. Zooberwerx

Hey, we'll talk. I'm trying to avoid shipping anything at the moment.

The weight is shy of 100 lbs, I'll double check the dimensions or at least get an estimate...the box is on the trailer at the moment.

55 years old, 12 sq ft of mesh in my gut, two cardiac stents, and (as of August) a half pound of teflon supporting / aligning the nerves and vessels at my brain stem (...it was saggy). Cut the guy a break, will ya?

Edit: Just to keep things in proper perspective: my goal is to keep individual component weight below 50 lbs.. This is why I'm aiming for a modular system a la 2 X 10's or even 1 X 12's...something I can schlep along without the assistance of my bandmates. I'm not gaining any territory by trading out for an enclosure which doesn't provide significant weight savings. That being said, my absolute fav rig is the (2) Acme B-2's I got from my buddy Doug / dcr a few years back...the perfect balance of tone and portability. AAMOF, if I'm able to sell the LDS (...$650!), the first thing I would look at is the Acme 112 Fullrange. Well, you get the idea and I'm open to suggestions...and yes, I own a handtruck!

Riis
  17. Zooberwerx

Let's be realistic: shipping this bad boy via conventional avenues would be a royal PITA. However, I do have a network of friends, family, and assorted associates which makes it possible for me to place the box in any number of outlying (to me) areas for your convenience. Just a handful of possibilities:

Raleigh - my brother

Washington / Tarboro NC - my mother

Richmond VA - numerous contacts

Springfield VA (off Braddock Rd / 495) - my sister

Riis
  18. tyb507

tyb507

Try putting this on the DB side, too. We love 8" drivers over there!
  19. Zooberwerx

Is that even legal?!? Funny thing is that my alternate rig is (2) Acme B-2's...also a favorite with upright enthusiasts.

Riis
  20. Smashsquatch

Smashsquatch Supporting Member

I'm interested, have cash in hand and I'm in Hampton. 5.3 ohms though? Not really sure how that'll work with my rig. My power comes from a Crown CE1000.
  21. Smashsquatch

Smashsquatch Supporting Member

Yeah, I want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.