Le Maitre Red Devil schematics anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by T-Bird, Jan 1, 2013.

1. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

We have had a bit of a gap between the shows and when we plugged my trusty Red Devil in for the NYE gig after a bit of a hiatus, the pump just kept on pumping :(.

Regardless of whether the heater was at the operating temperature or not (in normal operation the pump can not be started before the heating element reaches the operating temperature).

Regardless of whether the footswitch plug was inserted or not.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get the pump to stop.
    The trimmer on the PCB does still control the smoke volume, so I was able to set it to minimum so we were able to limp through the show.
    So, in theory the pump control circuit and the FETs seem to be
    OK.

Before I dig in, I always like to study the schematics first in order to save time.
    BUT, for some reason the schematics for foggers and smoke machines seem to be rarer than hens teeth.

Before I send email to the only individual on the LeMaitre website whos email adress is actually shown, I'd try it here.

It's once again a long shot, I do realise that, but there's got to be someone here who's repaired old foggers and smoke machines.
    A someone who actually remembers the time when things actually were repaired rather than just tossed ;).

And before anyone suggest tossing it, WON'T HAPPEN EASILY ;).

TIA

Regards
    Sam
  2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Anyone?

Regards
    Sam