1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Leads on an 80's Modulus Bassstar (jazz) Neck!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rohanarchy, Mar 9, 2014.

1. rohanarchy

rohanarchy Supporting Member

Hey Guys,

Been looking around for a Modulus Bassstar neck from the early 80's for a while and can't seem to get anywhere with it.. If anyone can give me a hand that would be awesome!

If it's got a body attached that's cool too, however it comes is inconsequential, as long as it comes!

Thanks heaps

Rohan

2. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

hi, Rohan!

merely curious -- why look for one from the early 80s? is there a reason you wouldn't get one of the later models of heavier construction + truss rod?

i own basses with both types of Modulus necks... just wondering what your thought process is.

all the best...

3. funkcicle

funkcicle

They pop up on eBay fairly regularly (I get notifications on Modulus listings), a VJ neck sold this week for $305, I've seen Basstar necks go for less than $200.

4. rohanarchy

Hey low84 and funkcicle,

I'm actually after the early 80's stuff because I'm a bit if a Bad Brains fan, and I really like 80's gear for some strange reason, I've got a few 80's Fenders so thinking I might continue the theme.. Plus from what I can gather the logos on the headstock are different branding?

I'll keep an eye out on eBay, I'll set up a notification too good idea! Hoping one comes up!

If anyone heard or sees please let me know because it might've slipped through the cracks!

Thanks heaps

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

howdy, Rohan!

check out my Modulus Bassstar P-Bass... the neck is similar in age to that of Darryl Jenifer's. early 80s Jazz neck in fantastic shape... Nordstrand NP4 pickup (all passive)... Schaller tuners... alder body by Fender professionally refinished by MJT in Missouri (those guys are BRILLIANT and TERRIFIC to work with). yes, i've thought about turning loose of this bass for the right price. if you're interested, drop me a private message.

Attached Files:

7. rohanarchy

@Low84 thanks heaps! I've sent you a PM! Love the look!!

For the others that might look through this post I was looking to do an all black version of my white Fender so any info is awesome!!

Thanks again all