1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Led Zep "Celebration Day"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 8, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Have many of you guys had a chance to check out the recording or the footage from the concert? I've been watching it for the past few days and man were they playing great. I think they were actually tighter then they were in the 70's.

Kashmir

2. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass

3. 62Jazzbass

62Jazzbass

I think it was a fantastic show! They really were "on", yet not over rehearsed or stiff. Great fun to watch, and frankly, I think they did the right thing by doing the one show...."here we are, we can still kick some a$$", good night."

I think some songs were as good as any live version I have ever heard, and quite a few benefited from being shortened from their 70's duration.

4. MAJOR METAL

Media:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

I have it on vinyl. I'm a huge wax nerd. My wife just got it for me for Valentine's day. It is a great show.

7. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

Very cool wife, gotta love a wife that understands our love of vinyl.
    Back on topic, I have the DVD, I thought they sounded great!

8. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Talk of a tour is the bomb. I'm sure prices are going to be worst than TRS but damn I'm going to try hard to get'em. With YT, Apple tv and HD laptops the shows on YT are now readily available. I could spend the rest of my life browsing and watching all the concerts that have flooded YT over the past few years.

It's really a great compare and contrast opportunity with all the great acts, obviously the newer video is definitely better quality but the raw property of say the Zep in Denmark in 74 is great too.

9. bassbrad

bassbrad

I got it as B-day present but have yet to crack out the DVD, been listening to the MP3s and they are awesome, can't wait to put it thru my system. .

10. MAJOR METAL

Media:
    If they do more reunion shows I hope they professionally record them. It would be totally awesome to have quality recordings of Led Zep playing more of their catalog this well. :bassist:

11. Richbass101

Richbass101

Love the fretless P bass JPJ is playing on In my time of dying