Led Zeppelin & Buddy Guy receive Kennedy Center Honors (On CBS 12-26)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Richland123

Richland123

2. pica

pica

I'm watching it now. Can't believe how old Jimmy Page looks. WOW!!
  3. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I'm watching it too, I was surprised by the foo fighters and kid rock...
  4. pica

pica

How did I miss the Foo Fighters? :crying:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mellowinman

mellowinman Perfect for Breaking the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Robert Plant got a little teary eyed over Ann & Nancy w/Jason Bonham on "Stairway."
  7. FrednBass

FrednBass

8. Richland123

Richland123

For those of you who missed the show on CBS, here are the segments for Led Zeppelin and Buddy Guy. There was a sgement with Jimmie Vaughan but it is not on You Tube yet.

9. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

10. xgator4u

xgator4u

I got a little tear in MY eye watching that , as well.:crying:
  11. Auguste

Auguste

Thanks.
  12. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Grohl and Kid Rock, a mistake to sing Zeppelin. Lenny Kravitz and Ann Wilson, just fantastic!
    Very emotional for Robert and Jason. I read in Goldmine that Jason cries easily, he says. This was a good reason for crying.
  13. Richland123

Richland123

Grohl did not sing. He played drums and the Foo Fighters drummer sang Rock & Roll (not very well I might add). Kid Rock had no business being there.
  14. mellowinman

mellowinman Perfect for Breaking the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm a huge Lenny fan, but for me, the only artists that mattered in the Zeppelin portion were Bonham, and the ladies of Heart. That was pure class, all the way.

Those other musicians didn't pull it off AT ALL, in my opinion.

No one should ever play "Rock and Roll" at a Zeppelin tribute, either.
  15. Wookieonbass

Wookieonbass

Ann Wilson tore it up on Stairway. The huge chorus added a nice dimension to the song. Later on the Letterman show Plant and Page remarked how they liked the chorus.
  16. lohz

lohz

Anyone notice they only gave JPJ credit for playin instruments other than bass - like was his bass playing not enough?
  17. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

The normal person doesn't know the difference between the bass and the rhythm guitar.
  18. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Iv'e watched it 3 times on you tube from Jack Black to Stairway. Blacks comment when you guys are down in hell will still be rocking to Zep did not feel right ..Kid Rock destroyed Ramble On what was with all the shreiking? FF should have done RandR as a instrumental, Lenny was cool and ofcourse the Wilson sisters have always done Zep very well...I liked how Jason and the choir were all wearing the Bonzo derby or whatever kind of hat that is I have seen numerous pictures of John wearing a hat like that. I wish they would have let Ann and Nancy play the whole Stairway there were alot of versus I would have liked to hear her sing but I am sure there was a time limit. Oh and Herbie Hancock and YO YO Ma rocking out in the crowd was cool, and the president singing the words to WLL was funny..."way down inside." :D
  19. DHowardAir

DHowardAir

Anybody know who that bass player was during the Buddy Guy tribute? I am thinking it looks like Will Lee of the David Letterman Show / Paul Schaffer Orchestra?
  20. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

My bad, not up on FF. The guy did a bad job, in any case. Thanks for the correction. Kid Rock was even worse IMO.
  21. tmdazed

tmdazed

Kravitz nailed it i think, But the highlight was stairway to heaven , just the sheer look of joy on Paiges face told the whole story , you could almost see him counting off the parts