Led Zeppelin - Celebration Concert (2007)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sincity, Nov 25, 2013.

1. sincity

sincity Supporting Member

Saw this show for the first time last night on AXS Live.

For me, it was so inspiring to see and hear these guys live again. They were so good and Jason Bonham kicked ass! Plants vocals were incredible given his age and how many side gigs he seems to do with his own band and collaborations.

The reason for my thread is that I was amazed at how great and focused John Paul Jones's fretless p-bass sounded compared to his Manson bass.

He only played the fretless on "In My Time of Dying," but I wish he would have used that bass the whole show, because it sounded "that" good.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the concert, please check it out.

2. southpaw723

southpaw723

I love playing along to the DVD it's great.

3. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

I saw it too. What struck me was Page's unparalleled ability to deliver texture and harmonic richness from one guitar. Would-be imitators have never managed this. It's intensely musical.

4. sincity

You are right. Very musical and effortless on Page's part.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lownote38

Lownote38

It's too bad nearly every song is pitched down an entire step. The only other problem is that young Bonham needs two kick pedals to do what his Dad did with one. Other than those things, it's an enjoyable listen for me. Especially Jonesy!

7. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Well.. this one time.. at band camp..
    I saw it on AXS also a couple nights ago and really enjoyed it! I left it on my DVR so I could watch it a few more times.

8. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

Went to see it when it was a special event in the theater. Bought the DVD/CD. Love it. Better than when I saw them in 75/76. They were so loud then, I wasn't prepared for it, left with a headache. I'll always be a Zep fan. JPJ is more amazing to me now than ever.

9. thebrian

Disclosures:
    Anybody catch em missing a chord charge or 2, lol? I heard em trainwreck at least once in Dazed & Confused. I like that they didn't try to edit it out on the video though. It didn't make it any less awesome.

10. sincity

Yeah, I heard a couple as well, but honestly, I didn't care. I think they had a limited time to rehearse everything and pull the shows off. Again, I didn't care as it was great to see my favorite band on stage again.

11. thebrian

Disclosures:
    I agree, it was just so cool to see them together again. I was really impressed with Jason on the drums too. I though he did his old man very proud!

12. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

I wish the bass guitar was a little louder in the mix! But a great performance.

13. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

I wished they went out on the road at that time. They could have played 10 select huge arenas in Europe and 12 in the US with a few days off in between each gig so they wouldn't get burnt out. They would have sold out each show within minutes and totally killed it! Great DVD of a great one-off concert.