1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

LEDs - source to buy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Black Sheep, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Black Sheep

Black Sheep

Can anyone recommend a source for LEDs that would work well in pedals?
    Need small 9VDC LEDs for a custom pedal build.
  2. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Smallbear has a good selection but you have to use a resistor I have not seen a 9v led. Radio shack has a few but you will have a more limited color selection.
  3. Silver Blues

Silver Blues

Allied Electronics. But you don't need 9V LEDs, that's just ridiculous.

I get all mine local. Do you have any specialty electronics retailers/wholesalers around you?

--Silvie
  4. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

I muse mammothelectronics.com

Also regarding the 9v led, you don't need one. Just get whatever the normal voltage is that's offered at allied, smallbear, and mammoth, then use a current limiting resistor to lower the voltage.
  5. jefkritz

jefkritz

there's like a million online electronics parts stores where you can get all sorts of leds (and pots, and knobs, and...) for dirt cheap. tayda and jameco come to mind first.
  6. Black Sheep

Black Sheep

got it. I'll check them out.