1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lee Sklar on Grammys shortly

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Matt Lake, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Matt Lake

Matt Lake Supporting Member

I heard Lee Sklar is playing with Kris Kristopherson and Willie Nelson on the Grammys shortly. Might be fun to see.
  2. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

Lee was great! Solid as a rock

Kris looked completely lost , felt bad for him. I really enjoy some of his music.
  3. BackonBass13

BackonBass13 Supporting Member

They had fun, not going to be a critic. Always great to see Lee Sklar.
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I saw that very cool I think I saw Nathan East also.
  5. Matt Lake

Matt Lake Supporting Member

yea, you couldn't really see much of him. I couldn't hear him very well either. Maybe I didn't have it turned up loud enough to hear him. I think Kris might have got lost momentarily.
  6. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

Definitely looked like they all had a great time!
  7. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

I owe the fact that I recognized Lee Sklar to this forum, but as for the performance, it was disappointing. I love old country (actual country) so I was really excited to see Willie, Kris, and Merle. I thought Willie and Merle's voices sounded great for their ages and what they've been through but that whole performance looked lost. Everyone but Blake looked totally lost and it sounded like they forgot when it was their time to sing. I was really hoping for a solid performance but it just didn't do it for me.
  8. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

Agreed. May not of had much practice time. It was also good to see Kenny Aranoff on drums; very cool rhythm section!
  9. LightGroove

LightGroove

I watched it as well and I too was left disappointed. Im guessing there was limited practice. I did see Sylar was rocking a 4 string Warwick..:meh: Was hoping to see a Dingwall but alas
  10. ilikebass7

ilikebass7 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    I met Lee this weekend at NAMM 2014. Great to see him on the Grammys. What a fun dude!