1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lefty EB 2 Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RSBBass, Jan 24, 2014.

1. RSBBass

RSBBass

I am helping a friend fix up a trashed EB 2. The owner (not my friend) wants to convert it to a lefty. The compensated saddle on the bridge is molded into the bridge. Does anyone make a Lefty bridge that would work?
  2. pfox14

pfox14

The original EB-2 bridge with the compensated saddle is not a good design. No way to intonate strings individually. I would consider getting a replacement bridge with individual saddles for each string. Not sure who makes one.
  3. RSBBass

RSBBass

Thanks pfox14. I have no problem with using a non-original bridge. The bass has been modified well past returning it to original condition. I have not been able to find any replacment bridge that will fit.
  4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

I had a really nice, intonatable replacement bridge on an EB-3 I owned. It popped in with minimal modification.

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=326

Edit ...not certain that it fits an EB-2, but you can look at it.
  5. RSBBass

RSBBass

Thanks, TomB. The EB2 bass has a two point bridge. I think the EB3 is a three point bridge that will not fit without drilling a hole in the top. I think we would prefer to not do that. Otherwise Epiphone has a replacement 3 point and I think Hipshot makes one too.