1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Lefty EB 2 Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RSBBass, Jan 24, 2014.

1. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    I am helping a friend fix up a trashed EB 2. The owner (not my friend) wants to convert it to a lefty. The compensated saddle on the bridge is molded into the bridge. Does anyone make a Lefty bridge that would work?

2. pfox14

pfox14

Dec 22, 2013
    The original EB-2 bridge with the compensated saddle is not a good design. No way to intonate strings individually. I would consider getting a replacement bridge with individual saddles for each string. Not sure who makes one.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Thanks pfox14. I have no problem with using a non-original bridge. The bass has been modified well past returning it to original condition. I have not been able to find any replacment bridge that will fit.

5. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Burlington, Vt.
    I had a really nice, intonatable replacement bridge on an EB-3 I owned. It popped in with minimal modification.

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=326

Edit ...not certain that it fits an EB-2, but you can look at it.

6. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Thanks, TomB. The EB2 bass has a two point bridge. I think the EB3 is a three point bridge that will not fit without drilling a hole in the top. I think we would prefer to not do that. Otherwise Epiphone has a replacement 3 point and I think Hipshot makes one too.