Lefty EB 2 Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RSBBass, Jan 24, 2014.

1. RSBBass

RSBBass

I am helping a friend fix up a trashed EB 2. The owner (not my friend) wants to convert it to a lefty. The compensated saddle on the bridge is molded into the bridge. Does anyone make a Lefty bridge that would work?

2. pfox14

pfox14

The original EB-2 bridge with the compensated saddle is not a good design. No way to intonate strings individually. I would consider getting a replacement bridge with individual saddles for each string. Not sure who makes one.

3. RSBBass

RSBBass

Thanks pfox14. I have no problem with using a non-original bridge. The bass has been modified well past returning it to original condition. I have not been able to find any replacment bridge that will fit.

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

I had a really nice, intonatable replacement bridge on an EB-3 I owned. It popped in with minimal modification.

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=326

Edit ...not certain that it fits an EB-2, but you can look at it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RSBBass

RSBBass

Thanks, TomB. The EB2 bass has a two point bridge. I think the EB3 is a three point bridge that will not fit without drilling a hole in the top. I think we would prefer to not do that. Otherwise Epiphone has a replacement 3 point and I think Hipshot makes one too.