1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lefty fretless fender precision USA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hakkolu, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

A lefty unlined fretless maple fretboard original fender american precision bass. Can be rosewood too. I wake up sometimes thinking about one.

I have been looking for a bass like that for 10 years. I am checking ebay, craigslist almost daily, usually 3-4 times a day. I have only seen one a year ago, and decided to pass, because it was a very badly beatup bass.

Any ideas where else I should look? Or, do you know anyone that knows anyone that owns one, and wants to sell?

I am in NJ.
  2. KingOlav

KingOlav

Have you ever heard of Warmoth? You can custom order parts and either build it yourself or have a technician build and set it up for you.

www.warmoth.com

In my opinion, worth poking around a bit. I myself am in the market for a lefty Fender Precision with a maple fretboard, and I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the body and neck from Warmoth. SEAFOAM GREEN BABY! YEAH!

There are other options for custom guitar parts out there too; my personal preference is just Warmoth.
  3. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

Yes, I know Warmoth. I want an original Fender fretless because if I get a Warmoth, I will still want the Fender. Are you also looking for a fretless?
  4. M0ses

M0ses

As a guy with a left handed Warmoth Jazz....trust me. It's just a name.
  5. bhunt1

bhunt1 Supporting Member

Carvin and G&L both make P basses lefty fretless.
  6. gleneg61

gleneg61

An original US P, lefty, unlined fretless maple board?????
    Needle. Haystack. Blindfold. Mittens........go!!!!!!
  7. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

:)

As soon as I order a Warmoth, the exact one that I want would pop up on ebay. You know it.
  8. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

How much would a warmoth cost to get the parts and to get it built by a tech?
  9. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

This is my Warmoth lefty fretless.

Attached Files:

10. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

very nice looking bass. Did you put it together yourself?
  11. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

12. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Fender hasn't made a stock lefty fretless since the 70's. Anything you see that's newer is a modded bass, which would be your easiest option too. Get a lefty p bass and have it converted to fretless.
  13. gleneg61

gleneg61

+1 to what Andrew said. You could always get an unlined maple board made up & put on by a good luthier in place of the fretted rosewood board that is the ONLY "option" fender offers us lefties. I had that done myself 25 yrs ago on a Profile PJ with an unlined maccasar ebony 22 "fret" board which had a little overhang. Played great n like an idiot I sold it. Go to the warmoth site & you can cg compose your bass & costings from memory. Good luck fellow lefty dude!!!
  14. Hakkolu

Hakkolu

Thanks to all suggestions. Lefty brotherhood is the best. However, I would still want the original bass I described in the beginning no matter what. Remember me if you ever see one and you do not want to buy it.