Legion Sound Amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lwkeung, Sep 2, 2009.

1. lwkeung

lwkeung

Hi guys
    I'm currently using a Behringer 60w combo and want an upgrade.
    I found a Legion Sound halfstack for sale.
    The LSB-300 300w head and EMI-410 Cabinet.
    The sale is $200 for the set. I think I can haggle down some

The cabinet is 8ohm, but I think that 200w through a 410 would be ok.
    The specs say the cab is 600w RMS. Which is nice, but do you think it's real?
    Cabinet is loaded with Madison drivers. Any good?

The amp says "Power Handling: 8 ohm: 200 W | 4 ohm: 300 W". I'm thinking its RMS, but I don't know.

My question is, has anyone every heard of Legion Sound?
    I looked at reviews on Harmony and the little reviews all ever 8+.
    No review on the head.

Seems pretty good, but I don't really know how to read the specs. Could someone please advise me?

This will be my first giggable amp. Thank you!

Head
    http://legion.madisonamps.com/products/bass/amplifiers/lsb-300.htm
    Cab
    http://legion.madisonamps.com/products/bass/cabinets/emi-410.htm
  2. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd

If you can talk him down from $200, do it. Otherwise... check the spec sheets, I'd look elsewhere.
  3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Look, whether those cab power-handling specs are for RMS or peak (which I highly doubt), the bottom line is that the rig is still a huge upgrade from your 60-watt Behringer combo amp. And at only $200 it's an absolute steal for what you'd be getting. Even if the tone and durability of the rig is merely mediocre, it's still a huge bargain.

You need to actually get your hands on the thing and check it out. Only by trying before you're buying can you determine whether it'll suit your needs. I'm guessing "yes"... :meh:

MM
  4. fyrbass

fyrbass

I have a 2-10 cabinet that i got off the bay for $95.00,2 years ago,its great.I use it by itself,or with my 15 cab,and my Kustom 1200 head.No problems with it at all.It looks just like the 4-10,only half the size.I'd get it...............;>)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lwkeung

lwkeung

7. Never_grew_up

Never_grew_up

Spec sheet doesn't say whether its RMS or peak, but probably RMS. Call 'em to find out...Legion Sound
    516 S. Lincoln Ave
    Loveland, CO 80537
    Phone: (970) 613-0922
    Fax: (866) 366-1259
  8. bassmonster68

bassmonster68

Though I don't have any exp. With legion bass heads I will say I have a legion 115 bass cabinet powered by my carvin rc 600 210 combo and let me tell you that the legion 115 is a BEAST!! A lot of nay sayers out there however how can you go wrong especially for 200 for a whole rig and be able to talk price down a bit....id do it worse case you can always get a sansamp bass di box and make that legion will sound like a beast too
  9. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

Why did you reply to that man? This thread is older than my son. Legion Sound hasn't been a company in years. This post was right at the end of them doing business.
  10. bassmonster68

bassmonster68

What do you mean why did I reply? What are you doing writing a book? For one thing have you ever heard of someone else maybe looking for a user review on this? Ya know there isn't much info available about these cabs. They (legion) sure maybe there out of business but the products are still being sold so that's why I posted a review DAD!!!
  11. bryan gibson

bryan gibson

Thanks for the zombie bump, I appreciate it. Local dude has a LS 810 box for $300, including a Behringer head. May make a cheap backup rig:)
  12. bassmonster68

bassmonster68

id jump on that legion 810 with that nasty b*hringer head get that then sell the head for like 100 and keep the cab. but then again like i said in a previous post get a sansamp bass di that will make any amp sound great!!! i know that through personal exp. ive had alot of garbage for bass amps lol and that sansamp bass di woke that amp right up.:bassist: