1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

LEJ 6 Jazz Bass 33" custom nordy single coils

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Just bought a Yamaha TRB 6 with Lane Poors so I finally got my ash bodied 6 so now I'm putting my LEJ 6 up for sale. This bass sports an alder body/Bloodwood top with a 33" scale 3 piece maple neck and birdseye FB and 19mm bridge spacing. 11 + or - lbs per cheapie bathroom scale. Fairly new set of DR Fatbeams on it now. The neck on this bass is beyond amazing. I play fairly hard so I need to raise the action on most of my basses but I can get the action down really low on this bass. I love the shorter scale with the wide spacing. I'm really gonna miss how comfy this bass is to play for a wide 6. The B string is great with the string through option and the high C really loves the shorter scale. I had the guys at Nordstrand wind a couple of 70's wind single coils to fit this bass and they sound awesome. I just installed a nordy 3 band preamp with the VTC and it smokes. Of all the replacement preamps I've tried this is the best sounding one. Now I have to go buy another one cuz the stock pre in the TRB is terrible. I will include the stock Benevente pickups and pre that the bass originally came with. It comes in a Sadowsky semi hard case. I'll take $2000 shipped. I will entertain trades but I need to net at least $500 on my end. Any ash body 5 string active J basses will get my attention. No 35" scale and string spacing at the bridge must be 19mm. I'd love to try out one of the new USA Fender deluxe 5ers.

The photos below are when it had the EMG preamp in it. I have a new set of concentric knobs on order for the T/B stack so everything looks good. Also, I forgot to note that I moved the strap button to the center of the body of the bass. I don't know why builders put them up higher. It makes the neck harder to get at. This bass has been played a bunch but is in really great shape. There are a few little scuffs/dings here and there. This bass is meant to be played and gigged often.

Attached Files:

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

A few closeups. Sry for the quality. Quick photo session before church gig. BTW the switches are for neck PU select and mute.

Attached Files:

3. DrZ

DrZ Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Free Bump - I used to own this bass, it is a superb instrument....

I'd buy it back today but I mainly play 5-string these days. (I am thinking about it though)

I doubt it will last long, especially with the extra pickups & pre-amp.
  4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I've used this on a few gigs this past week and I'm gonna keep it. It plays so good. The slap tone is really good for an alder bass. The finger tones are great. No way I'm getting a better ax unless I have Brian build me the same bass with an ash body. Thread closed.
  5. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Buy my bass! back up for sale.:hyper:
  6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

If you want the bass with the stock pickups and preamp I'll let it go for $1700.
  7. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    190   0   0

8. richst

richst Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I'm keeping this bass. It sounds and plays too nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.