1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Lemmy 4004lk

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories' started by POTF, Feb 26, 2014.

1. POTF

POTF

Hey there. Looking for the Rickenbacker 4004LK. Does anyone know someone who has one and may want to sell? Thanks
  2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Those are extreemly rare and extreemly expensive. There were only about 25 or 30 made.
  3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

I heard 60 were made somewhere.
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Yes 60 is correct
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Immigrant

Immigrant

Do I hear 75? :D

Check out the Luthier's Corner forum. Someone there is making a pretty close copy.
  7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

You know these things go for $4grand+, right?
  8. Amara

Amara Fumble-Fingered Beginner Supporting Member

4? More like 10.

OP: are you after the thing because you love Lemmy and/or the fine carving, or do you just like the look of it? If the latter, a 90s vintage 4004C (the Cheyenne I, in oiled walnut) has much the same kind of look, for a much less exorbitant price. It's essentially a poor man's Lemmy, right down to the gold hardware.

I wish they'd bring it back, especially since they seem to have a walnut supply again.
  9. Amara

Amara Fumble-Fingered Beginner Supporting Member

I spoke too soon. I found one on Amazon for $30. It even comes with Lemmy to play it for you!

[​IMG]
  10. kcole4001

kcole4001

IF you can find someone willing to sell.

There was an Eastern European luthier who made a (very) few copies some years ago, but if I remember correctly they all sold for pretty much what you'd pay for the actual LK.

RIC usually isn't interested in making reissues, and certainly not so soon after they originally produced them.
  11. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

I've never heard of one of those basses selling for anything close to $10k. Not even remotely close. But if you have a link that shows such a sale, send if forth, I'm in the mood to be stunned.
  12. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict

13. smcd

smcd Supporting Member