1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lemur Flyaway Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Yabbo, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Yabbo

Yabbo

I was cruising the net as I am interested in buying a new bass and I came across the Lemur Flyaway Bass that comes apart and fits into a box for transport. Has anyone had any experience with this bass? I am in Australia and its portability is attractive but only if it sounds and plays well. I'd be grateful for any information.
    Cheers,
    Yabbo
  2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

3. Yabbo

Yabbo

Thanks, I should have tried a search first!
  4. Feral Feline

Feral Feline

In addition to the Lemur, other options include a removable neck model from Upton Bass, the Chadwick Folding Bass, the Cossi 99in as well as luthiers who can convert a bass for you.

For transport, I saw a cool carbon-fibre case that has a separate case for the neck that can attach to the main case, but it's quite expensive. David Gage also has one that is very similar, which Upton also sells.

PS: Christopher RN
  5. stringbassist

stringbassist

I bought the Liberty Bell Flyaway Bass from Lemur. Hybrid Carved top with a flatback.
    I feels really good. The G,D,A strings are nice. But the E string, low end is really bad.
    Took it to a luthier 3x, they found that the bass bar has a bad shape to it.
    I dont want to invest any more money into this bass.
    Had higher expectations. Just Disappointed.
    pkazzo likes this.