1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Leo Quan Badass 2 bridge on Fender 70's P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by beast326, Jan 25, 2013.

1. beast326

beast326

Got a question for anyone who can help. Just bought a 70's Fender P-Bass Re-issue and was wondering if I should replace the bridge right off the bat with a Leo Quan Badass 2 bridge or should I just leave it as is? Also, any input on new pickups as well would be greatly appreciated.
    :bassist:
    Thanks and keep Rockin'

2. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

Disclosures:
    GHS Strings, HipShot Products, Pick Guy custom picks
    Leave it alone:smug:
  3. 4001

The stock bridge will do the job.

:smug:
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Play the bass for a good long time so you know what it really sounds like before contemplating any changes, especially something as expensive and possibly as pointless as changing the bridge.

Only make changes with specific, operationally defined goals in mind.

John
  5. Slackerprince

Slackerprince

If you're considering any change, I recommend the Babicz.
    I have 2 Fender basses and would have been totally happy
    with the stock bridges, but the saddles work themselves down,
    so I replaced them with Babicz brand, which lock the saddles down.
    Awesome product.

S