1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Let this guy do YOU a favor! (CL content)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by RustyAxe, Jan 19, 2014.

1. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Hartford CL this morning: http://hartford.craigslist.org/muc/4294773785.html click the link, a picture is worth a thousand words! I didn't post to rag on his music, btw, just his attitude.

2. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

'extraordinaire'

i'd better give him a call!
  3. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I listened to the guys stuff. The reason the psychedelic period ended is because we ran out of music. Every psychedelic idea...just used up. I listened to the three clips and thought, "I heard (and probably played) that over 40 years ago. Nothin' new. Nothin' inventive. Just overtrodden ground.
  4. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I like psychedelic music but this guy is terrible.
  5. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Anyone else notice that he plays solo and mics his entire drum kit? :rolleyes:
  6. rocksmoot

rocksmoot

I listened. Interesting that he chose to play drums live over a bass track. I figured it would be pretty hard to keep locked in with a bass track for a drummer, and these prove it.

Still, these aren't bad as kernels of ideas. With some modern sensibilities and some cross pollination of ideas with other musicians, and the singer focusing only on singing, this might actually be decent stuff after a couple of years of development.

All that said, I agree with the poster that said that all psychedelic music has been used up. The tunes have a dated, ruffled shirt and bell-bottoms kind of vibe to them, but who knows what the next generations will find to be awesome?
  7. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

He needs a metronome. Ugh.
  8. Camaro

Camaro

Is that Salvia Divinorum in the background? :eyebrow:
    I wouldn't be surprised.
  9. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

The poster looks like something you might encounter whilst abusing Salvia Divinorum....

The music sounds like The Move and The Pretty Things jamming together after drinking a gallon of cough syrup each. It is like somebody played the dude 20 seconds of Arthur Lee and Love, and said 'make more of this!'.

I would be up for jamming with the guy once, but I imagine it would be more Jonestown Massacre than Brian Jonestown Massacre....
  10. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Oh

my

god

This is quite hard to listen to ...
  11. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

I didn't listen to the tracks, but that is exactly what this generation can't get enough of.

Only replace all the musicality with senselessly droning riffs.
  12. kenneffdupriest

kenneffdupriest Supporting Member

stay away ya'll he's mine
  13. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

It's hard to stay humble when you are the best.
  14. rfslick

rfslick

I was just wondering if he ever tuned the drums....they all sounded the same...
  15. dadofsix

dadofsix

Maybe it's just me but, vocally, he reminds me a lot of Zakk Wylde of the Black Label Society. I don't know what he's trying to do but, if it makes him happy, much success to him.

<><Peace