1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Let's have it then! GB poll...........

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by two fingers, Jan 26, 2013.

Do you own a Genz Benz product?

1. Yes, I bought it new.

49 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Yes, I bought it used.

14 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. No, but would love to if I could afford it. They are my favorite.

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. No, just never came across one.

25 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. No, I don't really like them and wouldn't buy one.

19 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Supporting Member

OK, fine. The great controversy thread over whether or not GB is going under got me to thinking. There are tons of people making crazy accusations of Fender not knowing what they are doing, profits should be fine at GB, the list goes on.

I'm curious. Do you own one? If so, did you get it new or used? Please answer the poll and I'll swing back by with the reason for the question in a bit.

This is NOT meant to start an argument. Actually, it may SETTLE one. I have no dog in the fight really. I own a GB Shuttle 6.0 (carry it in my junk case as a backup head and it rarely gets plugged up), but I'm not emotionally attached to it or GB. I think it's fine.

If possible, just keep this to a yes or no please. It's not meant to be another "What the heck is Fender thinking even though we really don't know anything at all" thread.

Edit: I started the voting with "Yes, I bought it used."

Thanks!

2. HolmeBass

HolmeBass Supporting Member

Media:
    Too bad I can't vote more than once, because I've purchased two major products new (212 UB, SM 9.2).

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

No arguments? But this is TalkBass? I though arguments were the unwritten rule :ninja:
    Here is to hopes this one avoids the bickering. :hyper: :bassist: :cool:

4. two fingers

Ain't it the truth?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Gold Supporting Member

This is how internet rumours get started.

The original thread was not originally about if they were going under, it was about a customer having difficulty getting product in France, because of a distributor problem.

There were literally pages and pages of tongue-in-cheek answers, mostly in good humour, with a little bit of actual, serious speculation about a potential decline in customer service because of Fender's involvement mixed in.

The thread was by no means great, there was no real controversy that I could see, and it was certainly not about GB going under, which generally implies bankruptcy.

Is that bicker-ey enough for ya?

7. two fingers

Sweet. If anyone else feels this way, and bought more than one NEW OR USED let me know and I'll try to tally those in for more accurate results (even though I'll be the first to admit this is all anecdotal). If you bought one of each, let me know that too. Just vote once and post here about the other.

8. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I would have to add:

- Had one and sold it for whatever reason.

9. two fingers

Agreed! That WAS the original intent of the thread! (and part of my point as well) However, you should read the last 5 or 6 pages of posts. That thread is not about customer service any more, and completely about whether or not the company's being possibly done away with by Fender (complete with regular live NAMM updates). That's what I implied when I said "going under", although you are correct in that usually means bankruptcy.

And, no, your post was not really "bicker-ey" at all. But thanks for the new word!

10. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

11. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Just bought a shuttle 6.0-12t combo used.

12. taliesin

taliesin

Voted for bought one new (1x12 cabinet) but I also have a Neopak 3.5 bought used if you want to add that to the tally.

13. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    Bought new SL 900 and Shuttle 9.0 and an Uber 410.

Best micro heads I've ever tried, keeping them forever (whatever Fender does with GB over the ensuing years thus won't hurt me per se but I really hope they just leave them alone and let them keep doing their thing).

14. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 I'm no gynecologist but I'll take a look. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Commercial FREE!
    Three:

A used M-Line 200 head, plus a NEO-PAK 3.5 and a Shuttle 9.2, both bought new.

I had an issue two years ago with my 3.5 and Aged Horse took the time during NAAM to help me trouble shoot. :help: Issue resolved! :hyper:

Long Live GB!

X8

15. willsellout

willsellout

Ive owned several of their products and have come to the conclusion they are not for me. Great company though.

16. modulusman

modulusman

Bought all the Genz Benz gear in my sig new.

17. SpecialBlender

SpecialBlender

Bought my Max 12.0 used off TB because of all the love GB gets here. From what I read here it get me close to the sound options I've been looking for. It's been all that, love it, not selling it ever.

Next up is either Neo212 or Uber 410 when gear budget is replenished.

18. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

From 2000 to 2012, I played through Genz amplification, exclusively. It was great gear that always delivered bang for the buck. Last year saw the acquisition of a TC Electronics BG250, which I saw as a great new tool, and is now my primary "louder" gig amp. I am in the process of building a "loudest gigs" rig, and am lamenting what the GB situation means (really want a NX2 2x12 cab), and not liking what other portable options that I am finding for a Warwick WA600s head (600w RMS @ 4 ohms, and the key word is "portable"). Might go the Seismic route, and grab a pair of 4x8's, and call it a rig, At least my shuttle 3.0 combo, purchased from Jeff, himself, remains a steady warrior, and sees the most gig action (I play a lot of "acoustic" gigs).

If the worst is true, then bass amplification would be losing a true giant. I hope for better news than that.

19. asands

asands

I had a Neo X 212T that I bought used. Best single cab I've owned (Markbass CL108 runs a close 2nd) but I traded it for a fridge cab when I was playing a lot of outdoor gigs.

20. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Had a GBE 400 paired with a GB 2x12 , a shuttle 6.0 paired with a 2x10 ... and a neoX2x10 Paired with a neo-pac amp

Regretted selling the GBE

Miss the neo-pac

didn't regret selling the shuttle

Im living with a GK 400RB IV ( brand new ) and love it

Im not a micro amp man ...

21. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Me too. It was great, but I wasn't using it so I got rid of it.