1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Let's see your home made pedal boards.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

I'm building one today out of a old fender palet and a old music stand. Lol. I also have a hard pedal case to put it in. I'm going to mount a surge protector in it and maybe lights. I will post pictures.

2. Grissle

Grissle

3. bgmww

bgmww

Disclosures:
    Hiwatt UK
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

That's a nice setup...I like the raised platform.

7. Grissle

Grissle

Thanks, I've been making boards & road cases locally for awhile now and really enjoying it.

8. soontobedead

soontobedead

Not precisely "homemade" as much as "repurposed"... I glued some velcro to an old briefcase my dad had and it works very nice. I'm thinkin of drilling holes on the side for the 1spot cable, but I don't wanna ruin it so maybe I can reuse it properly later :D

Attached Files:

9. nolageek

nolageek Supporting Member

My take on the GORM pedal board plans with some random pedals thrown on. You can't see in the pictures, but I added 1 inch feet that were made by cutting down two 50 cent plastic shelf brackets from IKEA. I painted it to look like it was made from pieces of the TARDIS. :hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

So once again this site won't let me post pictures. I got the board done. I like it, its not fancy but it has mojo.

11. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Was over my quota. Lol. Here she is.

12. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

13. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

If your pics are too big, resize, or host at imageshack and link the jpg with the img tag button at top of posting reply window.

14. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Or go under your quota, lol.

15. driftingupward

driftingupward Gold Supporting Member

Here's my first board I made a couple months ago. I gave it to my guitarist buddy because I want to make an integrated board that uncouples from my rack head. I'll post some pics when I get it done....

[​IMG]

16. spaz21387

spaz21387

Heres a Board I built for my guitarist. He wanted it coffin shaped. I have to make the top half still but it shouldnt be hard.

Attached Files:

17. HugoBazZ

HugoBazZ

This is my little ikea board :) ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383635243.188472.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383635261.352410.jpg

18. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

After receiving my myco three and WMD geiger counter last week, I've had to retire my homemade board and start using my SKB PS-45 again. :( That myco sure is a big pedal...

I took a piece of 1/2" MDF I had laying around and just ripped an inch of it off, glued it underneath to get a little angle on it when sitting on the ground, and then covered the top in spray adhesive and then fuzzy velcro strips. I highly recommend using spray instead of gorilla glue or nothing if you're attaching velcro. Simple, cheap, and I don't feel bad retiring it for something bigger. I am *very* interested in making a new larger one to replace the tank that is the PS-45. I already have a travel case for my own board so I don't really need the protection (and weight... yikes) that the PS-45 provides.

I'll post pics when I get around to building it but it will hold:

TLC comp, channel switch, MXR octave deluxe, woolly mammoth, mojo iron bell, ezekiel, myco three, geiger counter, EB expression pedal, boss bass eq, DC brick, and a line 6 m5. Hopefully a HOG2 in place of the BOD... one can dream.