1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Lets see your violin basses !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Staff Member Supporting Member

This is a thread dedicated to all of our violin bass collections ! These are my 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

El Pelusa likes this.
  2. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Always happy to show off the work of Mr. LeCompte and Mr. Hammon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:) ... It's pictured on both the LeCompte bass and Dark Star pickups brochures too

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Well, since ya asked, here's my gang!

Attached Files:

El Pelusa likes this.
  5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

6. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I only have one, but I love it!

[​IMG]

7. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Sorry about the quality:

[​IMG]

8. emblymouse

emblymouse do not reuscitate Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W' Sconsin
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    What is the green one Mr. Metal?

And who'd a thunk a Dark Star would show up here? So far this is a weird ass thread. I like it.

2 of my Klira...apparently taken before I got my glasses.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MAJOR METAL

10. MAJOR METAL

I was curious Fran if you prefer newer or older Hofners and if you see any difference in the quality in the various generations of them ?

11. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    So true but the LeCompte was inspired by a Gibson rather than a Hofner

[​IMG]

:eyebrow: ... Is a kinda weird thread ... but also kinda cool

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Here's my wonderful budget Rogue bass - with a set of LaBella Hofner flats on it, the bass has a classic, full sound. The action is nice, and the finish work is excellent. It has a set of Stew-Mac pearloid tuner knobs replacing the chrome originals.

[​IMG]

13. MM, your greenburst is probably the coolest violin, nay any, bass I have ever seen!!!

14. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've admired both Major's and Kenny's basses for a long time!

Major, what pickups are in your Dolan?

15. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    Ahhh... the Beatle, and the Anti-beatle. My Epi Viola and my ZZ Ryder Low Rider. I think it counts as close enough. The Epi was my first bass, and I still like to play it with my jazz band kids at school... My band just recorded 5 demo tracks, and I used my Birdsong for 4, but had to drag out the Epi for one song... will let y'all know when I post the results.

the ZZ Ryder? I like to think it is what Sir Paul woulda played had he joined Metallica... A cheapo I got in a pawn shop, upgraded the pups and tuners...

16. What's this one MM? Never seen it before. Looks sweet! :cool:

17. MAJOR METAL

I am right there with you on that, it makes me giggle on the inside as much today as the first day I had it in my hands ! :)

18. MAJOR METAL

Howdy Chef

Those are Kent Armstrong Customs.

19. MAJOR METAL

Howdy Greg

I got it off of Rob Trujilo after he used it for the recording sessions of Death Magnetic, I joke ! HAHAHAHA :p. Its a 70's MIJ bass that came under several names, Orlando, Aria, Univox , Apollo ETC. Got it off ebay last week , I had several then had the custom Greenburst one built. Needed some serious cheering up last week so I got my first bass love back !

20. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Scroll headstocks are the coolest! Here's my Firstman bass, it was already well-loved by the time I got it, but it's fun to play... the neck is the size of a wiffleball bat... it's like playing a tennis racket :bassist:

[​IMG]

El Pelusa likes this.
  21. MAJOR METAL

Do you gig that ?