Lexicon MPX G2, basic setup question for bass guitar

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by fasto, Jan 16, 2013.

1. fasto

fasto

Dear Steve,

what are the basic tweaking secrets/settings for using the MPX G2 with bass guitar?

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

hi!

first thing to do is find presets you like, and them modify them. Makes life a whole lot easier.

secondly, one of the biggest tone-shaping elements of the G2 is the amp simulator. Go in and play around with it. You may well end up just turning it off for most sounds. I leave it on, cos I love it, but it's quite a pronounced change...

thirdly, make sure that any reverbs you use have a serious bass roll-off on them - reverb on the lower notes of a bass guitar can get really muddy, so unless you're looking for a really dark, muddy sound, pick a reverb with a cross-over and roll off the lows..

lastly, read the manual! There's SO much going on in the G2 (the section about controllers - external and internal ones like LFOs and the randomiser etc. is mind-boggling) I'm still learning more about it and I've had mine for 14 years!

have fun :)

Steve

3. fasto

fasto

thx Steve, excellent reply ... this will help me (and other people here) a lot getting more into the G2.