lh3 slapping?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by liquid sunshine, Jun 27, 2013.

1. liquid sunshine

liquid sunshine

Anyone else have a problem with cutting through when slapping.
    my volume doesn't drop from the amp.
    I play through an AG500 and db 210 or a Traynor tube amp with a 15 at practice. When i bring my jazz or deluxe precision i don't have this problem. Compression doesn't seem to help me much either. I hate to blame the pickups but i am wondering if any one else has this problem?

2. David Jayne

David Jayne

3. liquid sunshine

liquid sunshine

preamp and pickups used in Lakland basses. I have a 55-02.

4. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    When I first started to slap rhcp songs I noticed my finger style settings for slap didnt work too well with the mix...sounded thin and almost inaudible at times. I had t9 really bring of the bass and mids. Also some strings sound great fingerstyle and really good when u r alone slapping but dont cut it live. ..u may laugh but my slap sounded best with a precision with some pretty lively sounding chrome flat wound strings on it...really sounded thick and funky with the mix. ..alot of the high frequency snap and clank the rounds had got stomped on two guitars....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tomkat8

Tomkat8 Supporting Member

The best slap tone is the scooped mid... IMO.. When you play with a band. That sound gets lost in the mix... So either try coming up with the mids til you project. Or .... Big amp and hit the juice..lol. My band hates when I do that

7. liquid sunshine

liquid sunshine

The bass does seem to have a natural scoop to it. As far as big amp goes I do have a ampeg vr and svt 610 I havent even used with this band!
    Another major factor I need to consider is that I am standing in front of the amp with my ears four feet above the speakers ao it might project better than I think too