1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Light gauge basstrings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Roshen, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Roshen

Roshen

Dear Forum memeber,

Since a year I have been using Dean markley strings on my 6 string bass. Dean markley SR2000 Light Gauge
    C G D A E B
    .030 .044 .060 .078 .098 .125

I really these strings but I’m also looking for other alternatives with the same gauges just to compare and experiment.

Does anyone has some tips or advices ?

Thx in advance.

Kind regards,

Roshen
  2. Jensby design

Jensby design

What kind of experiments are we talking here?
    I personally do not like that much tension on my higher strings.
  3. gary m

gary m

I use flats with similar gauges, made by GHS. Are you wanting rounds specifically?
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Pretty much every string company makes a 6 string set that compares to those gauges. Won't always be exact (actually I don't think any of them will ever be exact to those gauges), but they're comparable.