Light weight 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Needenaneden, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Needenaneden

Needenaneden

Who makes the lightest weight 4x10 cabinet that still sounds amazing and is durable?

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

IMO the best lightish 410 would be a Genz Benz Uber 410-still available new on eBay, about 70 lbs BUT IME a fEarful or similar 15/6 is as loud and clearer/ more pleasing to my ear and around 55lbs.

3. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Have a look at RevSound.
    I have heard them, and I thought they sounded amazing.

Your location (unspecified) may make a big difference on what is available...

4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

Further more a greenboy fEARless F115 is going to have all the qualities of the 15/6, and be lighter still. Mid 40# range.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

GK NEO's are really light but very solid. Avatar makes a NEO 410 that not quite as light but a good cab for a great price.

7. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    SWR Golite isnt bad either

8. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Aren't their 4x10's over 100 pounds? I could be thinking of a different manufacturer.

I enjoyed MarkBass for years and they are cheap on the used market... I can't even give mine away. The MarkBass tone is not for everybody though, their cabs are not flat like their amps.

I do prefer my fEARful 1212/6 these days, the narrow dimensions make it so much easier to carry through a doorway. The cost is considerably higher though, especially when considering used. Assuming my time is worth nothing, my fEARful still costs more than a new MarkBass 410.

10. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Hartke Hydrive is about 65lbs. The GK 410MBE is 58lbs

11. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

From their page http://revsound.net/Cabs_RS410Series.htm

RevSound's cabs were recently reviewed in (I know I am going to get this wrong...) BassGear magazine. There's a link to the e-Zine here somewhere - probably the 'Have you heard RevSound' thread.

I have no affiliation with RevSound and I'm not even a customer. I've heard their 410's and liked them - but I got a too-good-to-pass-up deal on a GK 412 Neo and did that. Otherwise I'd probably be a customer by now...

12. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

If you're in Europe, EBS Neo 410s are 25kg/55lbs. Well designed, but expensive, especially in the US.

13. alexclaber

alexclaber

Disclosures:
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Our 6x10" is lighter than most of those 4x10"s! :p

But that's missing the point - it's about the tone you want and how loud you need to go and the speaker configuration tells you little about all that...

14. Needenaneden

Needenaneden

I'm in Canada.
    If I could get something in the 55 pound range that would be great. I will get 2 of them if need be.

I just thought of Traynor and see that they have a 410neo that is 59.1 pounds. A bit pricey though.

15. orangejulius3

orangejulius3

16. blackstring

blackstring Supporting Member

Stealth Audio is making a 4x8 with horn that will go toe to toe with most 4x10's and comes in at under 40 pounds.

17. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Epifani UL DIST 410 clocks in at 58lbs per their site.

18. gleneg61

gleneg61

Eden Nemesis line, 410 is 24kg, 52lbs, can't go wrong if you can find one on the used market. Great sound, had mine since 2001 & amazing bang for the buck IMO, or else the GK MB410 mentioned above is as light as you're gonna get in anything new or used I'd say, don't know the sound though I've never been too crazy about GK cabs, yet love their heads n combos?! I've read Barefaced, Greenboy, Fearful etc are all amazing but never heard/played one so I'd check them out before buying too. Happy hunting!

19. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    AFM 72-147 union card-carrying liberal academic musician
    Epifani UL1 410 4 ohm cab weighs in at 56lbs. Amazing cab!

20. dawind99

dawind99

Disclosures:
    Owner: Revsound
    The RS410 weighs 47lbs. There are quite a few video demos on the Revsound Facebook page wit players talking about the weights. Our RS810T doesn't even weigh 100. All my guitar cabinets weigh more than our bassist's cabs now:).