1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Lighting?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bigboy_78, Nov 19, 2013.

1. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

Not sure where to put this, it’s a band problem I guess so......

Lights. How much, how little? I’m a total noob on this.

I’m looking at an LED Colourstrip up-lighting from the front to help show the band’s faces and a Chauvet 4-Bar lighting down from the back/side to add colour and movement.

Is that all I need? What about cables, controllers, etc

We’re a 3 piece classic rock band doing small gigs on small stages at the moment. Current light set-up is white halogen work lights from the hardware store. It looks a bit amateur hour.

2. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yeah, it depends on how much area you need it to cover, how much you want to spend, do you want the stage to look flat or have dimension, programmed, auto, or manual control, and etc.

Also, I think the forum to ask on is the Live Sound (BG) forum. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f203/

PS: and don't forget stands too. ;)

Cheers,
    Joe

3. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

I'll head over to live sound.......

4. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

A little theatrical lighting is nice my friend- We are a 5 piece that plays every weekend and decided to invest in a little lighting.. We bought 2 of the Chauvette 4 par LEDs ..
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--CHV4BAR
    Everythings pretty much included with those- you can program or set at random (as we do) has a sensitivity switch on back ( you can run an xlr cable between 2 and they run together in sync)-- We also have a color strip we put behind the drums- but for a three piece like you guys the 4 par at a side and color strip up front might be perfect!
    The color bar also has an auto feature that is sound activated- Have fun my man!!
    I love the lights-adds a lot in some darker bars and looks great live.. Now im on CL looking for cheap used pieces all the time- Just got moonflowers and a jellyfish for about 40$ EACH and 2 panel LEDs from a bar that closed locally.. AND a praise for the 4par lighting leds the Chauvette was knocked down one night at a gig from as tall as it gets (8-9ft) fell flat on its face and still works like a charm! Happy Hunting~

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

+1. You'll see other lighting threads there, and I think I saw a Chauvet 4-Bar thread or two too. Anyway, good luck.