Lindy P pup vs EmgX

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pickups, Mar 25, 2014.

1. pickups

pickups

I currently have a Fender PJ with 60s custom shop precision pups and a Lindy Fralin split coil jazz pup. Sounds really good but could probably use a little more highs from the Precision pups. Im thinking of swap out the Fender CS precision pups for Fralins Precision pups or just going with an Emg or EmgX p/j configuration. Has anyone had any experience with Fralin P's vs The Emg or EmgX P's? One better than the other for a little more treble? Thanks
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not played a bass with a Fralin, but EMG actives will definitely get you more brightness than pretty much any passive pickup. My basses with actives all have regular PJ's because the PJX set is a little too bright for my tastes. They're a different overall vibe than passives...very ballsy though very clean and clear...but they're bright.
  3. pickups

pickups

Have you experienced any buzzing from the Emgs around lights or dirty power? I had a set of emgs from the 80s in a jazz bass that had plenty of buzz around lights. But that really could have been a grounding problem issue.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope, never got any sort of grounding noises or hums out of EMG's, and I've been using them since 1984.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pickups

pickups

Cool. Im going to sit on this for a bit. May go with Emgs, Fralins or Aguilar pj pups. Thanks for your help.