Line 6 bass pod pro XT

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kph24, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kph24

kph24 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Eastman Basses
    Anyone have one or used one, is it worth the price I am mainly looking for something to run through for recoding but like the live application of this because it is rack mountable. Any feedback or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Hi There,
    Yes I have used one. I think they sound great. Line 6 reduced the price on them I think they are selling for $499 now. The consensus here on tb is that the amp modeling is better than the effects but I found several effects that were quite tasty. You will need time to tweak though especially if you are going to use the Pod for live stuff.Hope this helps,
    B
  3. kph24

kph24 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Eastman Basses
    thanks this helps a lot I am mainly going to use it for recording but like the choice to use it live
  4. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

For recording I think you will be impressed. There are quite a few clips on youtube that will give you an idea of the quality(sometimes a lack though!). Take Care,
    Brent
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

For recording it's cool. Unless you want a signal chain with wah after dirt, compression after your amp model, or something like that. For most "normal" chains it should be fine. Download the manual first (you may have to create a free Line 6 account) and read it :)

Live, just remember to turn off the cab modeling, and it should sound better. I think there might even be a mode for this.

Pricewise, I'd go used. New xts should be at least half the price of the X3, since the X3 is just 2 xts in 1 box. The last time I checked they weren't :rollno:
  7. kph24

kph24 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Eastman Basses
    Well right now I am going to be running through a Tascam US 144 just to start but I plan to upgrade to a M audio Firewire 610
  8. kph24

kph24 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Eastman Basses
  9. SteveC

SteveC

I used a Pod Pro in a rack with an SWR Bass 350 head (ran the Pod through the effects loop) and a Floorboard pedal for changing patches, effects on and off, etc. I ran it through an SWR Goliath 4x10.

One sound guy said it was the best bass tone he had ever heard. If you take the time to set up your patches, and don't use/need a lot of or the very best effects, I think it can be a great rig live and/or in studio.

I played through the new X3 and thought it sounded great. So did another bass player in the store who came to check it out when I ran the Big Muff model and played some Ben Folds Five - it was incredible. I have been debating trying it again.